Lt. Commander
# 1 Earth
11-18-2010, 12:29 PM
So you beam down to Vulcan and Risa but why can we not visit Earth? As much as i love ESD I'd still love to beam down to the planet.

When will this happen?

Will this happen?

What do others think?

Thoughts please
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-18-2010, 12:31 PM
The answers you seek, is burried deep within the archives of the foums.

That means, this has all been discussed before, but I don't remember where..

It exists, but won't be released untill theres somthing to do there... Actually the entire SOL system exists.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-18-2010, 12:32 PM
It will eventually happen, when Cryptic has the man-power to do it. Right now the game needs many other features to keep it viable rather then another social area. I'm not saying Earth isn't important but content and end-game material are far more important at this point.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-18-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint-Rone
So you beam down to Vulcan and Risa but why can we not visit Earth? As much as i love ESD I'd still love to beam down to the planet.

When will this happen?

Will this happen?

What do others think?

Thoughts please
They have maps for visitable planets of the Solar System. But there is nothing to do on those maps. And there and other places like Starfleet Headquaters and SF Academy on Earth won't be added until there is some need for them. So we won't see them until come content is written that requires those locations.

Players do to get to visit the Utopia Planetia ship yards in order above Mars. Actually it's Klingon players get to visiting and blew up ships as a strike against the Federation. But it does illustrate the point of the devs wanting something for the player to do on those maps other then just sightseeing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-18-2010, 01:55 PM
eventually- yes, anytime soon - probably not.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-18-2010, 02:05 PM
I think this would be good to have San Francisco Starfleet HQ

But.
It would be a big thing to have that added probably

Urie
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-18-2010, 02:08 PM
This again? The response from the STO team has already been several times they don't want to drop in empty space like Andoria. When the maps are done and there is mission content and side games ect to make the place useful.

Case in point, Risa. Nothing there but beaches. When was the last time you loaded Risa? When was the last time you were on Risa and saw more than one or two people running around?
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-18-2010, 02:10 PM
I agree it would have to have a purpose (ESD covers most of it) Like andoria it only has some vendors in a cave

But it would be cool but it would need a purpose

Urie
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-18-2010, 02:56 PM
I say if it looks like Defera and has a lot of cool places to go, screw functionality at the moment and then add functionality later. Just giving us places to go would help a lot........a lot!
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Oh yea if it looked like San Francisco GREAT lol

Functionality could come later Look at ship interior?

Urie