Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Hey fellow pvp'ers, some good bit of news from the general forums. Since only a small fraction of STO forum members come here, thought I'd post it

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=108

They're thinking about having scores and tallies from a week's worth of pvp matches for the entire server affect the weekly series missions.

FvK would have much more importance
Coordination and teamwork would eventually improve (for both sides)
PvP fleets would grow
Capture and Hold would NOT just degrade into some arena style combat inside the gas cloud point
etc.etc.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-18-2010, 03:26 PM
I think that is a very interesting idea. Any additional consideration of PVP is almost certainly a good sign. I'm looking forward to hearing more on this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-18-2010, 04:00 PM
I like it.

Might actually make pvp more worth it then just an Emblem/EC grind. :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I think that is a very interesting idea. Any additional consideration of PVP is almost certainly a good sign. I'm looking forward to hearing more on this.
This.......
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-18-2010, 09:04 PM
we might as surrender now....the feds have some strong and good pvp'ers......

that is where it ends.....they do not work together...do not heal each other....wander off w/o being abloe to support themselves

and emblem farm....

I surrender now........next topic
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garravesh View Post
we might as surrender now....the feds have some strong and good pvp'ers......

that is where it ends.....they do not work together...do not heal each other....wander off w/o being abloe to support themselves

and emblem farm....

I surrender now........next topic
this is because you are part of the fed majority... about 90% of the fed, who think they are good and strong, but yet... they get ****.

i surrender now? you sound like one of those useless pug when i decide to solo pvp

what you meant is:

the feds have a majority of bad players, and a few amount of groups will be able to win
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultime View Post
this is because you are part of the fed majority... about 90% of the fed, who think they are good and strong, but yet... they get ****.

i surrender now? you sound like one of those useless pug when i decide to solo pvp

what you meant is:

the feds have a majority of bad players, and a few amount of groups will be able to win
Nope I meant exactly what i said......if you wanna puff up your chest be my guest!! I am pretty sure i knew what i meant when i said it. Silly to tell me I did not know what i was thinking...

The current state of Fed players in PUG groups that i experience is quite alarming and I would not go into battle with them if i had a chance to avoid it.. Klinks are team players, on average, from the beginning..they work and assist. I should know. I have build my cruiser to stay alive in a world of PUGS where a heal is rarer then snow in hades. I do love when a SOLO BoP engages me....I think to myself ohhh an easy kill......a few seconds later 2 BoP's uncloak and assist their ally..... GAWD I love teamwork.

My Cruiser has been the annoyance of many klinks.....My scores in PVP while not the best in the game are damn good.

Anything else cupcake??
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-19-2010, 07:38 AM
I don't understand the mentality of "let's just roll over and surrender now."

Last night, I got put into a random klingon pug, and faced off in an arena against a group of TSI and RE fellows. Needless to say, they won 15-0. Took one of their dps cruisers to 1/3 HP once but no one was focus firing on our side. We even had the clever idea of calling out targets in zone chat

Good times still, and if this is implemented I can only hope that more and more players band together into fleets or alliances. Makes for some challenging games, especially when it's fleet vs. fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-19-2010, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
Me likey.

Also, could we see some faction-wide reward for whomever is on top for the week/day/whatever? For most with capped toons bonuses and such are not that important. How about enabling an emote faction wide?
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-19-2010, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRicky View Post
Me likey.

Also, could we see some faction-wide reward for whomever is on top for the week/day/whatever? For most with capped toons bonuses and such are not that important. How about enabling an emote faction wide?
I like this idea. Also, the final pve series, as well as the pvp battlegrounds, could take place on K7 or Granalda, as the federation or the klingon empire make their stand in the eta eridani sector block. K7 if the feds were on the losing side of most engagement, Granalda if the klingons are on the defensive.

Make the bonus reward (like the breen officer / pistol choice / something similar) restricted to the winning faction side.

This would give FvK much more meaning.