Lt. Commander
# 1 that is soome crazy tuff
11-18-2010, 06:42 PM
This ranks up there as a doozy of a tale.

Saw a pair of kling cruisers sitting and not moving and dying....

i wonder when the strategy off sitting and getting beat on became viable?

It was amazing to watch this player move into a Cap area and as my meager science vessel with 25% weapons power target him and he instantly cliked the green halo of power around him.......I guess my forward firing phasers were too much for him/her to handle.

I saw them pop over and over and by the end of the round i had over 100k in damage at 25% power phasers and no torps

Next they will be running around w/o shields claiming it makes the ship lighter and move maneuverable.

By all means continue to sit in place and take your licks from my vessel as my tykens ruins your day and you become intimately familiar with the vaccum of space.....

It actually had the nerve to send me a tell later with profanities..LMAO

I am gonna go cry now because he/she made me sad.

Bwahahahahah
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Maybe they were in a group and told to hold that position? And maybe they were trying to see how much they could tank with just defensive abilities?

Not sure, but what they were doing seems to beat the Feds that just head to the corner of the map to avoid combat altogether.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-19-2010, 11:41 AM
is it just me or is brag threads becoming more and more common in this section?

What happened to the good old "help me out please threads?"

All i need to say now is OP, here is a cookie for ya.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garravesh View Post

Next they will be running around w/o shields claiming it makes the ship lighter and move maneuverable.
Back in SFC3 Days I actually did this with my B'rel, and in that game it did make you faster and more maneuverable.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Quote:
I saw them pop over and over and by the end of the round i had over 100k in damage at 25% power phasers and no torps

Right there is why the Feds keep loosing C&N games
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogital View Post
Right there is why the Feds keep loosing C&N games
I have noticed the frenzy with space battles........Perhaps thay should set up a zone where you can zone in and PEW PEW everywhere and against everyone....

Problem with them doing it on a CAP area is that when 5 feds Pew a Cruiser of Carrier on the ICOn itself as it dies it begins the FED recharge...so it is kinda flawed......

As long as the one cruiser can hold out it does delay the recharge to the fed side........

This game does not allow for super characters though....How many Klink players can repel firepower of a commited group of Feds that numbers 3-5?? I dare say few...and how long is the trade off of a few seconds of extra CAp time as opposed to being offensive and limiting their ability to make war.........Not moving is such a bad idea IMO.

In my instance I had a science vessel with 25% power to weapons and the bloke who sat there clicked green halo right away......kinda silly.....he could easily repel my firepower.....not from a small group....

IMO the tactic is silly ..........There are plenty of tactics the lumbering hulks can use to ensure a lower mortality rate...this one aint it.....

In any matter it made me laugh .....actually caught me off guard that it would be considered a viable tactic..

Good luck with the paint a target on your forehead mentality

Side note: and since when does a fed/kling battle get so close that it (the tactic) turns the battle in favor of the Klings....I would say that 90%+ of the battles do not even come remotely close....

Thanks for the cookies too...got MILK? Ever notice how people lately come into a post and post nothing but drivel or nonsense or nothing positive...yup...we all do it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-22-2010, 01:01 AM
Quote:
I have noticed the frenzy with space battles........Perhaps thay should set up a zone where you can zone in and PEW PEW everywhere and against everyone....

Problem with them doing it on a CAP area is that when 5 feds Pew a Cruiser of Carrier on the ICOn itself as it dies it begins the FED recharge...so it is kinda flawed......

As long as the one cruiser can hold out it does delay the recharge to the fed side........

This game does not allow for super characters though....How many Klink players can repel firepower of a commited group of Feds that numbers 3-5?? I dare say few...and how long is the trade off of a few seconds of extra CAp time as opposed to being offensive and limiting their ability to make war.........Not moving is such a bad idea IMO.

In my instance I had a science vessel with 25% power to weapons and the bloke who sat there clicked green halo right away......kinda silly.....he could easily repel my firepower.....not from a small group....

IMO the tactic is silly ..........There are plenty of tactics the lumbering hulks can use to ensure a lower mortality rate...this one aint it.....

In any matter it made me laugh .....actually caught me off guard that it would be considered a viable tactic..

Good luck with the paint a target on your forehead mentality

Side note: and since when does a fed/kling battle get so close that it (the tactic) turns the battle in favor of the Klings....I would say that 90%+ of the battles do not even come remotely close....

Thanks for the cookies too...got MILK? Ever notice how people lately come into a post and post nothing but drivel or nonsense or nothing positive...yup...we all do it.
Many people dont really care about C&Hs, Id rather run around pew-pewing and lose the game, than cap at the expense of PvP, and win...

Usually, Ill try and get a quick cap at gamestart, then head directly to the closest point being capped by the opponents.. Sometimes the rest of team head on to a new point while Im engaged, and more power to them.. I play these for PvP, and unil such time I can chose between Arena and C&H in my dailies, I will do whatever I find fun (ie: Shooting other players)
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-22-2010, 04:42 AM
Must admit I do occasionally try the "sit and be a punch bag" tactic in FvF PvP in my cruiser, find it interesting to see just how long I can hold out before I need to get out or go offensive (and yes I do realise that when stationary your defence stat goes through the floor). It is surprising how often a lone attacker will just give up and go target another cap point.