Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Your website says that 1.500 Cryptic points cost 16,31.

When I checked my bank account today you took 19,41. Why's that?


(For a moment I thought, I might have ordered another 500 points, but that wouldn't add up.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
11-19-2010, 09:15 AM
ITS CALLED VAT

VALUE
ADDED
TAX

And unless you live in the states we get charged for it

rates vary acroos the eu from the 20% soon to be inplace in the uk to the low 7% i am told in germany it varies alot..

its either that or cause you use that monopoly money the exchange was not so good that day
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
11-19-2010, 09:20 AM
Yeah, Europeans get VAT tax charged to them by their governments. They don't like their people buying things online from the US, I guess.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
11-19-2010, 10:39 AM
I've made other orders from the US before and these taxes were either already included in the listed price or the companies simply avoided them somehow.

So I'll assume it's not Cryptic's fault. But in all fairness they could add a note about that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
11-21-2010, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backyardserenade View Post
So I'll assume it's not Cryptic's fault. But in all fairness they could add a note about that.
Actually they do. The "Buy Cryptic Points"-page says:

"Use the form below to purchase more Cryptic Points / Atari Tokens.
Prices are not inclusive of VAT and/or other applicable local taxes."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
11-21-2010, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Ramone
Actually they do. The "Buy Cryptic Points"-page says:

"Use the form below to purchase more Cryptic Points / Atari Tokens.
Prices are not inclusive of VAT and/or other applicable local taxes."
But that requires people to actually read things, and we can't have that, now can we?

In all fairness, if the current administration has its way, it won't be long before we Americans start having to pay a VAT as well. And if you don't believe it, I suggest you research President Obama's cap and trade policies for a nice little eye-opener.

I'm just sayin'...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
11-21-2010, 08:28 AM
Quote:
But that requires people to actually read things, and we can't have that, now can we?

In all fairness, if the current administration has its way, it won't be long before we Americans start having to pay a VAT as well. And if you don't believe it, I suggest you research President Obama's cap and trade policies for a nice little eye-opener.

I'm just sayin'...
Most Americans have very little understanding of how much higher common taxes are in Europe. For example, gasoline in England runs $9-$10.00 a gallon compared to the $2.50-$3.00 paid in the US, all of difference being taxes. Likewise in England the 2010 Income Tax rate for people making $60k a year is 40% (50% at $240k+), compaired to the US rate of 15% at $68k (married) and a maximum of 35% at $373k+. People just don't understand how under-taxed we really are compared to everyone else.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:51 PM.