Lt. Commander
Wall text incoming! :p

I've been looking at various fleets and websites and nothing seems to fit the critera I'm looking for (mainly cause the information I'm looking for isn't easily accessble) so I'm gonna try this and see if this works.

WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR (in a fleet )
==============================
- Uses Ventrilo (a must, Unfortunately I will not consider any fleet that doesn't use this)
- Fleet is PvE orientated
- a fleet that promotes teamwork
- organised leadership
- frequently does STFs and Fleet actions (this could be weekly or daily, just as long as it is regular)
- Has a organised fleet website and is the main form of offline communication for its members
- A fleet that looks after new players and guides them
- Accepts people have different ways of doing things and is open to experimentation
- Accepts people have things to do in real life and may not be able to commit to a digital world 24/7
- Tolerant of people from various racial and religious backgrounds

WHAT I AM NOT LOOKING FOR
=========================
- PvP heavy/orientated fleets, (however minor pvp is ok)
- An RP heavy fleet, I don't mind other people doing it but it's not something I wished to be forced to do for any reason.
- A fleet that is ONLY looking for experienced players

WHAT I BRING (to a potential fleet)
============================
- 3 VA Fed toons covering all three profs (these can not be seen on captain search)
- a highly active person on forums in the sense I read through forums frequently and post if I feel there is something to add (although you may see a barrage of joke threads/posts )
- a lifetimer so I will always be around as long as the game is active
- Someone is familiar with The 3 BORG STFs, never completed Terradome
- Someone who regularly visits tribble to keep up to date with potential changes
- Maybe a few other people
- Someone who is willing to guide a new player through things

A BIT ABOUT ME
=============
In addition to STO I've played Everquest, Anarchy Online, Earth Above and Beyond, Star Wars Galaxies, World Of ********, City Of Heroes, RF Online, Age of Conan, ****. Yet only SWG is the game I return to regularly, and I fundermentally dislike WoW because its cookie cuttered all other MMOs, so I play STO because its different, and SWG because its varied. Why do I play STO? because its different to WoW and most cookie cutter MMO out there, It's Star Trek. I love the complexity in the skill tree, the customsation of various items and weapons of my ships, even BOs. And finally and not least, ESD zone chat, nothing beats that for a good laugh at times.

I am currently a part of .section 31. fleet but the leader has been inactive for over a month and the activity of the fleet is very low and tend to be pvp orientated which isn't a good fit for me. I like doing STFs but not too much otherwise I get burnt out. Ilike space combat more than ground,

Well if anyone feels I am a good match for your fleet shoot me a tell in game or respond to this thread. Am willing to trial with a fleet because that allows you and me to get a good look at each other, forums only show part of what the other person is about. Regardless thanks for reading this and all the best
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-02-2010, 02:31 AM
Hello kwongwah, {UFP} may well be the fleet you're seeking. Here's why:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwongwah View Post
- Uses Ventrilo (a must, Unfortunately I will not consider any fleet that doesn't use this)
Will TeamSpeak 3 do? We actively use and encourage all fleet members (with and without a mic) to use this as a primary means of communication. We believe it improves the gaming and social aspect no end.

Quote:
We support all activities, but PvE would seem to be the primary interest for our fleet members.

Quote:
We have a team system of task forces, voluntary units of up to 5 individuals who have similar play styles and/or gaming times. Aside from that we have regular events for teams, and with a fleet the size of the {UFP} you can often find members to team up with.

Quote:
- organised leadership
As Fleet Admiral I have served the {UFP} in this capacity since 2002 (started off in Bridge Commander and worked our way through various Trek title up to STO). I feel I and my team of veteran senior officers are well versed in organising and commanding the fleet, and we expect standards from all our Commanding and Executive Officers.

Quote:
- frequently does STFs and Fleet actions (this could be weekly or daily, just as long as it is regular)
We have recently expanded and are looking to continue to expand our Event Officer line up. We currently have members who cover each of the major time zones we factor in, from those in North America, to Europe, right across to Australia/New Zealand. As a result we are able to offer more sustainable events for the fleet to collaborate upon.

Quote:
- Has a organised fleet website and is the main form of offline communication for its members
We are currently utilising a forum only (a website is under construction for vBulletin 4.1). However the forums are diligently organised and as opposed to many MMO centric organisations, we're focused on building a community as much as a gaming fleet.

Quote:
Our Academy helps train new members, both on in-game matters as well as how the fleet works. We are also due to roll out our new RSO (Recruit Support Officer) system, whereby each new member will receive a designated {UFP} member as a point of contact.

Quote:
- Accepts people have different ways of doing things and is open to experimentation
As long as each member follows our basic Code of Conduct (CoC), we are always open to new ideas. In fact we have a forum (Fleet Proposals) dedicated to the idea of giving our members a voice to express their ideas and creativity.

Quote:
- Accepts people have things to do in real life and may not be able to commit to a digital world 24/7
Absolutely, we have people from all walks of life so it is essential to create a flexible platform for everyone to have fun on. As such we have a monthly roll call period at the beginning of every month to sign, and beyond that it is totally up to you how much time you commit to gaming etc; that way we receive an accurate head count of interested individuals, and your membership will remain secure.

Quote:
We have a fleet campaign (many carry it in their sigs) called, Give Respect Get Respect. The idea is based on mutual respect and understanding, no matter what your position in the fleet. Intolerance of others for their racial or religious background, or their gender/sexuality etc, is simply not acceptable in the {UFP}.

If you have any questions I'd be happy to field them. Feel free to hop on our TeamSpeak 3 server at any time for a chat: ts.ufplanets.com port 9987, no password (if you've not tried TS3 yet, you might be pleasantly surprised).
For more information visit www.ufplanets.com.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-02-2010, 03:43 AM
I usually try not to respond with a cut and paste answer, but in this case, my "cut and paste" fleet information seems to answer all of your criteria.. so here goes:

Aurora Fleet was one of the first fleets in Star Trek Online. Hundreds of days later, we are still one of the largest, and most active fleets in the game. While some fleets have come and gone, we remain.

Why are we successful when so many others have failed? Its simple really. We make STO fun. The primary goal of Aurora is to enrich every facet of the STO experience.

Here are just a few of the perks to being a member of Aurora Fleet:

- Fleet Ventrillo server for those that wish to use it

- Friendly, mature players

- Lots of planned events for players of every rank and playing style

- PVE, PVP, and STF teaming

- Klingon faction

- Excellent leadership

- Active forums

- Role playing events for those that wish to participate

- Fleet banking and crafting

- A vast wealth of knowledge of the game

- A painless recruiting process

Aurora Fleet is recruiting now! If you would like a better STO experience, beam over to Aurora Fleet today! Simply go to www.aurorafleet.com, head to our forums, then go to the section titled "Transporter Room". Then make a new post introducing yourself/character (be sure to include your character name and @name) and we can add you to the fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-02-2010, 05:45 AM
And to add on to what Rear Admiral Stromgold said....

I notice you said you had expierience with all the Borg STFs. This is something we are currently looking for in a member right now. Very few of us have managed to finish the Cure let alone KA. We could really use your expierience in this area Sir!

Good luck, Captain, and warp speed!
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:

I've been looking at various fleets and websites and nothing seems to fit the critera I'm looking for (mainly cause the information I'm looking for isn't easily accessble) so I'm gonna try this and see if this works.

- organised leadership

WHAT I AM NOT LOOKING FOR
=========================
- PvP heavy/orientated fleets, (however minor pvp is ok)
- An RP heavy fleet, I don't mind other people doing it but it's not something I wished to be forced to do for any reason.
- A fleet that is ONLY looking for experienced players
Greetings,

I invite you to check out the 44th. We use vent, and are age 18+. We have players of all levels. We have primarily been PVE oriented, although recently (like about a month ago), we did start a PVP team. But only some of us are participating in it. We've run all the STF's, but to be honest, haven't done much STF stuff in the last month. Been waiting for season 3 and the new BORG gear to come out. I'm sure we'll be doing a lot of it after season 3. I will have 3 toons to get through them again, lol.

Anyway, if you want to just try us out, you can "interview" us on the vent. Just let me know.

sto.44thfleet.com

EDIT: Also, I'm one of the fleet leaders, and I have been with the fleet since closed beta.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Good post this is exactly what I am looking for also

Quote:

- organised leadership

t
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-02-2010, 06:41 PM
I got a fleet for you dude, the 12th Fleet. We're a bigger fleet, but we maintain the small fleet feel with our many divisions. I'm in MACO and love it. Little rivalries amongst us, but it only builds the comraderie.
Check us out man.
http://12th-fleet.com/portal/
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-03-2010, 03:55 AM
Quote:
- organised leadership
We have all of that, except Ventrillo... We use TS3 instead.

Considering you find vent a must I'm not sure if we're the right fit for you, but if you're interested anyway then please give this link a read.

More in-depth answers to each of the points you're looking for;
Like I said, we use TS3.

We don't have a specific focus on just 1 gameplay element but cater to all gameplay elements instead, including PvE.

Without teamwork a fleet doesn't exist, all you have then is a bunch of randomly gathered people under the same banner. We have a good community going in the 12th fleet though, just check our general forums if you want an example. I find it hard to answer this specific point, it's probably better if you see so for yourself.

- organised leadership
Our admiralty is set up in such a way that we're as transparant as we can be to our members. We have 2 weekly meetings and publish the minutes of these meetings the next day for all to read. You can find these minutes back in our fleet magazine too.
We have several divisions in our fleet each with their own leaders and advisors, we also have sub leaders in the forum of captains who are your direct point of contact and that can help you out with a lot of issues already. We always have somebody higher up available if they're not available.

I believe we have 2 different teams that run these missions weekly. I'm 100% sure we have at least one such a team. I don't know how many spontaneous runs are organized though.

www.12th-fleet.com
We have over 50k posts and over 4200 topics there, it's very actively being used and it's in fact hard for me to keep up with everything being posted there. :p

We have a special sub forum dedicated to guides/hints/tips/tricks, we have articles in our fleet magazine with interesting guides, we have a specific channel on TS3 to help new people with and in general people in the fleet are stimulated to help each other out.

One of our admirals specializes in experimenting... It causes quite a mess but it's usually a lot of fun too.

This is the main reason why we have so many people in our fleet. We're fully aware that casual gameplay is much more preferred then hardcore gaming. The average age in our fleet is 31+ and many of our members have a family outside the game too. Right now we have over 200 active members and a total number of 400, the ones currently not active are out enjoying their life. When they become active again they're still in the fleet and can just continue where they left off.

We have a firm rule against discrimination of any kind and don't tolerate drama. I'm happy to say that we have very little incidents considering the amount of members in our fleet. Mostly people are just out to have a fun time and enjoy themselves.

Like I said; we don't have vent and if this is a breakpoint for you then it's too bad because I do think that besides that point we have pretty much everything you're looking for and more. I also think you'd fit in well in the fleet, I appreciate people who can offer me critics and don't just agree with the masses.