Lt. Commander
# 1 Take a snapshot of STO
11-19-2010, 11:17 AM
We refer to certain times in the game as "the VM + SNB" days or the "Stacking TSS:S" days or the "Pre-RSP nerf" days.

What do you think is a defining game mechanic at the moment?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-19-2010, 11:20 AM
rest. stacking days. And over powered runabouts
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-19-2010, 11:56 AM
the days of stupid healing
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Resist stacking and cruisers doing too much damage.

If the problem were active heals like ET and Aux to SIF - A single SNB stripping of the buffs would not be the instant death that it currently is.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-19-2010, 12:25 PM
The Days of Ping Pong health.

It's dumb that I can be at 2% hull on my Assault Cruiser and I can be above 75% in an instant with a combo of Aux to SIF, Engineering Team, and Hazard Emitters. All while basically stopping all incoming damage with EPtS and Science Fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-19-2010, 12:40 PM
The pre-Fed Carrier days.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRicky View Post
What do you think is a defining game mechanic at the moment?
After having 7 VA lvl characters.

I can say without a doubt, i have done every last thing in this game.

The last fun thing to do on the feddie side is to collect all orion female way team / bridge officers for a ground PVP based character.

Ummm its fun, and my quest for the most funniest ship in the game is almost complete.
Hello Kitty flying the USS. Sanrio!

LOL.. this is probably currently my most expensive one on kittys crew:

Named her after Winry Rockbell from FMA.
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p...line/winry.png

The next would probably be my orion female with BO3, which i dont use... but as i said,, collect super RARE BOFF's is fun.

For you guys who are truely bored... collect rare BOFF's.
The kind u cant even get on the exchange.

Im telling ya, when you friends see your way team in nothing but bikini's you get a most halarious reaction from your friends... they follow your boff's til no end, and forget what ground mission they are on.

This is all assuming u already have 1 ship outfitted with Efficient BOFF's.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
Resist stacking and cruisers doing too much damage.
This. Welcome to Cruiser Online.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-19-2010, 04:09 PM
You're kidding me, right? I can take my Tank, my Star Cruiser in a battle, have my shields dropped on me and obliterated in under 5 seconds flat. Yes, there are Premades out there that can and has done this. OUr Cruisers are supposed to be hard to kill. That is their function. If it were up to me, dropping their shields should not be such an easy task. But whatever, never have to worry about that unless I am up against a PvP pre-made Fleet. So I will live with that.

Nerf their Damage? We don;t do that much damage as is, but ok, fine, nerf it. Not worried about how much damage I do anyway, I am more concerned about staying alive, my role as a Star Cruiser. But I do not want to hear anymore talk about how hard they are to kill. It's their damn function. Sorry, but there are ways around it, and experienced fleets have found the way around it.

Also, it's called focused fire. Most good players who get together understand this and take out Cruisers pretty darn fast.

I do not mean to sound rude when I say this, but I mean it....learn to play. And if you already know how to play, then team with other people who know how to play so that these hard to kill ships are no longer a huge issue.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
Nerf their Damage? We don;t do that much damage as is, but ok, fine, nerf it. Not worried about how much damage I do anyway, I am more concerned about staying alive, my role as a Star Cruiser. But I do not want to hear anymore talk about how hard they are to kill. It's their damn function. Sorry, but there are ways around it, and experienced fleets have found the way around it.
Cruisers being hard to kill isn't so much the problem as that they can run 100 weapon power and still tank like a beast.