Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
I'd like to submit that when we purchase a costume or a ship from the C-Store that it includes a matching slot for each character.
1) If we're full-up on slots, I think it's lousy we spend upwards of $25 of Real World money (more than the cost of the game) for something that in order to use we either A) have to pay in-game credits to lose and re-trailor an existing uniform/decomission an existing ship or B) spend more money on additional Slots (And that's per character when it comes to the Slots). This is simply wrong.

2) This would solve the problem we have now where people are buying the ships but can't claim them at all because they've run out of slots. Many people find this to be a "bug" which causes bad feelings and wastes customer service/tech time replying to said bugs.

3) I understand Cryptic wants to get money from selling the Extra Slots, but while they would lose some sales, I think these would still be viable services. There are enough ships in game that you can still max out your 8 (?) slots, even outside what you'd add from Store-purchased ships. And as for the costumes, many people (myself included) like to have multiple versions of each type of uniform (different colors, mix-n-match custom unis, etc.). We're still going to buy extra uniform slots.

4) In fact I think any loss in Extra Slot sales I think would be off-set (at least partially) by the included slots. I think it would improve the chances of people buying a new costume or ship. Especially the former since the game gives you only couple-three uniform slots, and eventually they (the Feds) are gonna get Admiral, Ambassador, and Veteran Jackets, meaning most people aren't going to have an available slot for new C-Store purchasable uniforms.
I don't think it's necessary to increase the current prices either. For most ships $10-$15 (Again, consider each of these single purchases is already more than it cost a new player to buy the game!) and $3 costumes is plenty fair for the new "toy" with it's own new ship/costume slot.

This would be a wise and fair C-Store update.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Sounds fairs to me.

The way things are now would/does stop me from buying many ships.

The way they changed "something" in OB makes me unwilling to buy many ships aswell, but I'll not beat that dead horse.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Completely Agree
11-19-2010, 04:01 PM
This is a completely resonable suggestion.

We, the paying customers are keeping STO alive, it would be illogical to sell us something that we couldn't use due to some trivial thing like a Costume, Officer, or Ship Slot. If one pays for an item on the C-Store, Cryptic should respectfully have a +1 in the specific slot.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-19-2010, 04:34 PM
I agree here. At least one new costume or ship slot per purchase across all characters in the account when item is purchased the first time. That way, when you claim the item as another character, or re-claim the item because you accidentally decommissioned it, you don't get a brand new slot that you shouldn't have.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-20-2010, 12:59 AM
+1 for each costume pack/option purchaced seems immensly reasonable. If I want serveral variations of said costume, then I can pay for two extra slots.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-20-2010, 03:10 AM
I also like this idea.

Buy a ship,: +1 to your available ship slots.
Buy a costume: +1 to your available costume slots.
Buy a species: +1 to your total character slots.

I'd also favor "Buy a bridge pack, installing bridges from that pack costs 0 in the shipyard"
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-20-2010, 08:31 AM
The C-store is a business, like a burger place, you can buy the burger but the drink is extra even though you and they know you are bound to get thirsty after eating the burger lol.

I guess what I could recommend (in my opinion) is for more combo packs were ships come with ships slot and races come with character slots at a 20% discount.

Just my thoughts
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Good ideas, a new slot or discounted slots when you buy more clothes is a good idea!
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-20-2010, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
+1 for each costume pack/option purchaced seems immensly reasonable. If I want serveral variations of said costume, then I can pay for two extra slots.
Exactly right.

Thank you all for your support.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-20-2010, 06:17 PM
I will also post in the affirmative for this suggestion. It seems only fair and it would probably increase the sales for these items.