Lt. Commander
# 1 A returning player
11-19-2010, 03:18 PM
Hello everyone,
It's been quite awhile since I played this game and I had a couple of questions.

1.) Are Klingons still all pvp with a few minor pve missions thrown in? I've always wanted to try the Klingon side but don't care for PvP.

2.) Is there a site somewhere with a list of different builds for each class of ship? I'm going to be starting from scratch again and I'm never sure what skills to train or what to equip to get the best bang for my in game buck hehe!

3.) Is the game still solo friendly? One thing I remember loving about STO is that I could log in at any given time and spend hours and hours solo'ing or log in for a couple of quick missions and just do my thing.

I know there has been some changes since I last played but for now those 3 questions are what's on my mind.

Thanks for any help.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-19-2010, 03:23 PM
1: Klinks now have their own exploration zones too, and Pi Canis will be opening up for them with Season 3 on Dec 2nd. They'll have some raid-type missions in that zone then.

2: You can get a lot of info on the ST Online wiki page.

3: Yes, there's very little in the game you can't do solo. STFs and Fleet actions are the only aspects of the game that require you to team.

And Welcome Back!
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Thanks so much for the warm welcome! So it seems Klingons are still primarily PvP then. Thanks for the Wiki tip, it does have alot of good information.

My plan is to go Engineering/Cruiser. I think since the last time I played, they've added a new rank and possibly some new ships so I'm trying to google builds and weapon setups for Cruisers. I've checked the Cruiser section of the boards and it doesn't seem like there are many pve builds posted.

Almost finished downloading the game, then I'm off to space! Thanks again for the help!
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-19-2010, 04:52 PM
There were 8 KDF-specific PvE Missions added this summer (2 for Lt/LCdr, 2 for LCdr/Cdr, 4 for Cdr/Capt), and the Featured Episodes and new Dailies are faction/level agnostic. So the PvE options for KDF characters are improving.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologlam
Thanks so much for the warm welcome! So it seems Klingons are still primarily PvP then. Thanks for the Wiki tip, it does have alot of good information.

My plan is to go Engineering/Cruiser. I think since the last time I played, they've added a new rank and possibly some new ships so I'm trying to google builds and weapon setups for Cruisers. I've checked the Cruiser section of the boards and it doesn't seem like there are many pve builds posted.

Almost finished downloading the game, then I'm off to space! Thanks again for the help!
You also may want to hit thTribble test server to see the new KDK Pi Cannis Patrols and especially the new rendition of Sector Space - it's honestly breathtaking and current estimates give Season 3 a good chance of going Live the first or second week of December (After the buggy mess that was Season 2's initial release; the Devs have shifted to a "We'll delay if needed until we feel it's ready to go"; rather then the old "Here's the hard LIve date that come helll or hight water, we'll push regardless" attitude they had pre Season 2.