Lt. Commander
# 1 STF Only Loot is bad
11-19-2010, 07:09 PM
I feel compelled to observe in my personal opinion, this is ultimately going to cause problems in the fanbase, and drive a rift right down the middle. I've seen this happen in WoW and other MMOs and given how many solo players in STO there are, its bound to happen here.

Your going to have the "Haves" and the "have nots" situation, and that on its own is going to cause complaints, and people tend to get upset when an elite few have access to overpowering items and special things like these borg upgrades. I think to stem off complains from the casual and solo audience there should be a way to get these borg items without doing STFs, like having them bought with tons and tons of those emblems.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Dude, a moderator just closed exactly a thread like this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-19-2010, 07:13 PM
I have no knowledge of this other thread, or knowledge of its existence, however I dont think there is anything wrong with discussing it, because I can promise once this hits there will be alot of angry players, meaning something should be done before this goes live.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-19-2010, 07:14 PM
IBL

The devs are giving stfs rewards just like they are giving old missions you can replay new rewards in order for you to PLAY THE CONTENT, rather not. They worked hard on it and want as many people to play it. everyone can do it...so its not setup for a certain selection of people. EVERYONE can do it and its easy to find groups for stfs. Check zone chat, I see numerous people looking for people to run with. Heck there is soon to be PVP specific rewards. Its no ones fault if you dont play the content, if you want it... go and get it
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-19-2010, 07:15 PM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...185192&page=25

And people who are willing to put in the time and effort to complete the challenges as a group deserve a nice reward.
Why should anyone else who is not willing to do the same get the same stuff?
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Because most players in STO dont do grouping and dont want to? But are paying customers and should have access to everything too? Just because a few people have tons and tons of free time does not make them more special then everyone else.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-19-2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...185192&page=25

And people who are willing to put in the time and effort to complete the challenges as a group deserve a nice reward.
Why should anyone else who is not willing to do the same get the same stuff?
I don't agree with him that we need many more group only missions.

But I do agree with this. Special missions need special rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-19-2010, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
Because most players in STO dont do grouping and dont want to? But are paying customers and should have access to everything too? Just because a few people have tons and tons of free time does not make them more special then everyone else.
And we who do enjoy grouping and the challenges and rewards that come with grouping are too paying customers.
If you don't like doing group missions or have the time then that is your problem, but you still have just as much access to the content as anyone else.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-19-2010, 07:22 PM
There has been no info about the STF set rewards aside from it will change your ship so it looks borgish and it will have certain bonuses applied for having more of the set. Therefore, there is no point in complaining about something that we haven't seen yet. Besides more sets will come out that will be earned through crafting, PvP, missions, etc. so even if the STF set rewards are more powerful than most equipment, then it is only temporary. This is exactly like people that complained about the Galaxy X ship since it was the only Tier 5.5 ship and we know how that turned out. STF rewards won't be an I Win button
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-19-2010, 07:27 PM
Just look at WoW.

They realized that they need to make high end gear more accessible to the casual and solo players.

They made the change to justice points in every dungeon which now lets you even buy Tier 10 sets without having to grind through intense raids.

Now if Blizzard was able to see the light so to speak then why is Cryptic going to do the same mistake that lost Blizzard a lot of subscribers.

Cryptic will hopefully rethink their decision.
Closed Thread