Lt. Commander
# 131
11-20-2010, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Yup it is, with the same dozen peope posting over and over and over and overa again such and you and i. :p

And my only purpose here is to be the counterbalance that is to help prevent Cryptic from knuckling under to the complainers... again.
I agree with this. I returned after a long absence and was sad to see new federation players complaining that they weren't getting more content, while the Klingons (in desperate need of content), were. In turn Cyptic give equal content to both, but the feds really don't need it as much as the klingons do.
Lt. Commander
# 132
11-20-2010, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...185192&page=25

And people who are willing to put in the time and effort to complete the challenges as a group deserve a nice reward.
Why should anyone else who is not willing to do the same get the same stuff?
This.

Face it, in STO, gear is not that decisive to the outcome of a fight.

I have often been baffled by some of Cryptic's design decisions but making outcomes in the game not excessively gear-dependent it is one of the very best decisions they made. Certainly in PvP a good player with all white gear will slot a meh player with all purple gear pretty much every time...

...so adding some unique and interesting gear for STF (1) will not pork game balance into 'uber-geared' and 'crap-geared' because in practice it just ain't that important... gear only matters at the margin (2) it rewards people for slogging through an STF by giving them something a little different at least for bragging rights even if it does not impart all that much advantage in reality.
Lt. Commander
# 133
11-20-2010, 07:41 AM
What is it about making content inaccessible to all but a few players that's good for the game? It's been said that STF content takes more resource to produce yet is hardly used. This isn't good return on investment when those same resources could have been better spent developing content that everyone can use and enjoy.

Hardcore content for only hardcore players isn't good for the game!
Lt. Commander
# 134
11-20-2010, 07:45 AM
You dont need to wait 'to see how this plays out' to know how people are going to feel. The point of this thread is accessibility, and so long as its STF only loot, then it remains inaccessible to a vast majority of players. "Wait and See" Is only an excuse by the so called "Elite Raider Class" to try and bury this before it goes live.

Contrary to the propaganda most mmo players do not have tons of time, even if they fixed the bugs in STFs tomorrow, I can almost promise you'll still only have a very small minority that can do STFs.

This isnt WoW with millions of players, There are only a very few number of raider groups and like all Raider groups they want to lock down content and items down so only they can have it, its selfish, elitist nonsense.
Closed Thread