Lt. Commander
# 11
11-19-2010, 07:27 PM
Personally, I dont care too much about the stats, but people are certainly going to like the Borg Cosmetic enhancements. There should be a way, perhaps through crafting to get some of those cosmetic enhancements, its a waste of resources for cryptic to hand out stuff to so small a fraction of players.

This is the kind of thing that caused a huge rift in the WoW population, STO is too small for its fanbase to be warring. They need to seriously rethink this, Most of the STO Fans are SOLO players, its not a good idea to cheese off the majority of your audience, even Blizzard learned this the hard way.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-19-2010, 07:30 PM
If you want the items so badly then just do the STF's
Everyone is "capable" of doing them, not "wanting" is nothing but an excuse.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-19-2010, 07:34 PM
My complaint is that they're tying stats to the items. Cryptic's MO has always been to allow you to customize yourself as much as you like. Now we're being handed customization options, but only if we use certain equipment? Why not give us the equipment, and unlock the customization options at the shipyard whether we use it or not?
Lt. Commander
# 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
If you want the items so badly then just do the STF's
Everyone is "capable" of doing them, not "wanting" is nothing but an excuse.
Thats not a solution, your a group player, I get that, but not everyone is, in fact in STO most people arent, this might frustrate you but you cant tell other paying customers they have to play your way, but our subscription gives us entitlement to content, no one is saying give this stuff out for free, just for an alternative method of gaining it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
Because most players in STO dont do grouping and dont want to? But are paying customers and should have access to everything too?
You have as much access to it as the people that also pay, but suck it up and tough it out for the reward. Your argument is invalid.
Lt. Commander
# 16
Sure, and then we have a few thousand borgified ships flying around.

More immersion breaking canon trampling.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Everyone is "capable" of doing them
This I gotta disagree with. People who are poorly specced and geared, or not used to teamwork will ruin the experience for everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Quote:

ha! Immersion went out the window long ago. You realize this right? TOS Enterprise, Clown colored uniforms, 22nd Century NX Class ships and uniforms. Immersion doesnt exist.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Quote:
I'm going to do an STF in my Constitution and fly around firing off fireworks at slipstream velocity when I get the Borg hull plating.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Quote:

If that is your problem, then the method of acquisition shouldn't really be a concern. Though, for my own immersion, I'd like to be able to use said new equipment, should I go through the steps to earn it, without turning my beautiful ship in a scratched, leaking, glowing green husk.
Closed Thread