Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
11-19-2010, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starboard_Nacelle View Post
I'm going to do an STF in my Constitution and fly around firing off fireworks at slipstream velocity when I get the Borg hull plating.
All of which are part of Star Trek Canon, oddly enough. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
11-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrayl View Post
All of which are part of Star Trek Canon, oddly enough. :p
But not all from the same timeframe, which makes it all the sweeter.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
11-19-2010, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starboard_Nacelle View Post
You have as much access to it as the people that also pay, but suck it up and tough it out for the reward. Your argument is invalid.
His or her argument is not invalid.

Group play is not for everyone.

There are those like myself for example who like to role play through every mission and to completely immerse ourselves in the gameworld as if we were a part of the Star Trek universe.

Being forced to group is breaking the immersion and destroying the fun people like me have in this game.

Because you can't succesfully role play in a group. There will always be griefers who break your immerion, say things or do things that shouldn't be done.

We aren't even given the chance to read the dialogue of the STFs. We want to experience the storyline but to no avail. The group oriented community won't accomodate us in that regard.

Besides when have you seen 5 captains or admirals doing a mission together in one of the tv shows or movies. The captain and his crew always succeded alone. This alone (5 captains or admirals doing a mission together) breaks the immersion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
11-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracknell
His or her argument is not invalid.

Group play is not for everyone.

There are those like myself for example who like to role play through every mission and to completely immerse ourselves in the gameworld as if we were a part of the Star Trek universe.

Being forced to group is breaking the immersion and destroying the fun people like me have in this game.

Because you can't succesfully role play in a group. There will always be griefers who break your immerion, say things or do things that shouldn't be done.

We aren't even given the chance to read the dialogue of the STFs. We want to experience the storyline but to no avail. The group oriented community won't accomodate us in that regard.

Besides when have you seen 5 captains or admirals doing a mission together in one of the tv shows or movies. The captain and his crew always succeded alone. This alone (5 captains or admirals doing a mission together) breaks the immersion.
Exactly, its amazing how some people can be selfish enough to have the "Play it my way or get lost" mentality.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
11-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
Exactly, its amazing how some people can be selfish enough to have the "Play it my way or get lost" mentality.
Exactly.

Obviously i cannot play my group only missions with my group only rewards because its not your way of playing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
11-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
Exactly, its amazing how some people can be selfish enough to have the "Play it my way or get lost" mentality.
Isn't it though? :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
11-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
If you want the items so badly then just do the STF's
Everyone is "capable" of doing them, not "wanting" is nothing but an excuse.
I expect from reading what you just wrote that you have never tried getting a STF group as a Klingon in the GMT timezone, i have tried multiple times and not once has there been enough people to do one of the STF's, so i have to strongly disagree that everyone is capable of doing them, for some people it isnt about not wanting to do them its just that we CANT do them for reasons outside our control.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
11-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by specter22
I expect from reading what you just wrote that you have never tried getting a STF group as a Klingon in the GMT timezone, i have tried multiple times and not once has there been enough people to do one of the STF's, so i have to strongly disagree that everyone is capable of doing them, for some people it isnt about not wanting to do them its just that we CANT do them for reasons outside our control.
And for that i think Cryptic should allow cross-factional teaming for STF's.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
11-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Exactly.

Obviously i cannot play my group only missions with my group only rewards because its not your way of playing.
Both sides are behaving exactly the same way. Better to abandon the thread before he inevitable flaming begins.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
11-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Exactly.

Obviously i cannot play my group only missions with my group only rewards because its not your way of playing.
I have to ask. What's so bad about having the missions be soloable? Let everyone play the way they want and get the rewards at the end? Who would it hurt?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:31 PM.