Lt. Commander
Okay, so I bought the NX-01 and I'm playing with it now. But as I play I am wondering, where are my Phase Cannons?

The TOS Constitution class came with it's signature Blue Phasers. Why didn't the NX-01 come with it's signature weapon?

A minor modification to the TOS Blue Phasers (change the color and speed up the animation and cool down) and a new sound effect and it could be done. Please consider adding this when you get a chance. I would love to see it in-game.

Thanks.

Lt. Commander
# 2
11-20-2010, 12:38 AM
and this kids is why i want /powerhue back
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cehus View Post
and this kids is why i want /powerhue back
If it came back you think I could have plaid phasers? Maybe for christmas we should get a reward item the alternates the phaser shots between red and green.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-20-2010, 12:51 AM
I suppose it being a 2409 remake kinda explains why it doesn't have them.

Course if it were the original i'd be more interested in having rockets vs torpedoes.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-20-2010, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentStryder
If it came back you think I could have plaid phasers? Maybe for christmas we should get a reward item the alternates the phaser shots between red and green.
and then we could have torpedoes that fire in rainbow formation!
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-20-2010, 01:02 AM
I was a little disappointed by this too, having enterprise "looking" weaponry would of completed the package.

If time/resources could be spared I would love TOS style leveling weaponry with the NX-01. I am loving the grappler effect though. :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-20-2010, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Okay, so I bought the NX-01 and I'm playing with it now. But as I play I am wondering, where are my Phase Cannons?

The TOS Constitution class came with it's signature Blue Phasers. Why didn't the NX-01 come with it's signature weapon?

A minor modification to the TOS Blue Phasers (change the color and speed up the animation and cool down) and a new sound effect and it could be done. Please consider adding this when you get a chance. I would love to see it in-game.

Thanks.

I has the grappler. That's it's special weapon!
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-20-2010, 01:21 AM
According to the Trek universe, phasers were superior to the older lasers and particle cannons, since they combined the best parts of both (TNG tech manual said lasers went through shields, and particle beams did good damage). So if there were phase cannons on the replica, they would probably do kinetic damage like torpedos and be useless in modern starship combat.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-20-2010, 02:11 AM
As other posters have said, phase cannons are probably too weak to be useful in the 25th century. The TOS Connie's blue phasers can be explained away by assuming that apart from the colour, they work exactly the same as modern phasers, the colour is only due to different materials being used in modern phasers that are probably cheaper/easier to get hold of.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-20-2010, 02:19 AM
Those phase cannons would merely tickle any ship today. You can have them if you want i guess. but be prepared to do absolutely nothing to an enemy