Lt. Commander
I've caved / joined the crowd and I am about to create my first Tanking specific Engineer character , that is to be all out on space deffensive abilities .
For this "alien" char , I've chosen the following traits :

Warp Theorist
Elusive
Techie

I am unsure what to pick for the 4th option : Accurate or Efficient ?

Accurate would give a bit more of a punch , and I do allready have a Liberated Borg Officer that has an innate "Bonus to Efficiency" -- so if I picked Efficient , would that skill stack with my Borg officers innate bonus ?
Does my Borg officer even apply its Efficiency bonus in space combat ?

Or should I go with Accurate ... , as no matter how big of a punch you have , if it does not hit well , it's not as efficient .

So , any advice ?

Thanks in advance .

-- BONUS QUESTION --

Just because i don't want to start another thread -- I would like to know if there was a way to disable the mails you get when an item of yours sells on the exchange ?
I'm getting spammed by those mails ...
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-20-2010, 09:12 AM
Efficent is better in the long run. Accurate is nice early levels, but you won't need it later levels.

And no... you can't disable those emails.

(All Efficents stack. Yours + Borg BO + any Saurian BOs you may get.)
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Efficient Captain is the better bet in the long run. You'llo be able to get weaponry that has Acc in it which will have the same +10% Acc. Efficient Captain will serve you by getting more power for your subsystems when running then at under a power setting of 75. With a cruiser your have a lot of power to work with. If you want all of the detail read my Beginner's Guide to Ship's Power. (Link is in my sig below) But if you go all out for power you can be running ship power settings like these on VA1 Engineer/Cruiser character.

Attack 114/74/64/58 (100/50/25/25)
Defense 74/114/64/58 (50/100/25/25)
Speed 58/58/120/74 (25/25/100/50)
Balance 77/74/80/74 (50/50/50/50)

Liberated Borg Captain + Liberated Borg Boff + 1 Engine Console and max'ed ship power skills.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-21-2010, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiloPhi

And no... you can't disable those emails.
Darn ... .
I keep missing fleet info because of the 20-50 "item sold" mails per day .

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiloPhi
(All Efficents stack. Yours + Borg BO + any Saurian BOs you may get.)
Darn it , I didn't want a Saurian in the mix ... -- not because I habe anything against drunken ship mates , but because I was hoping for a Borg , Cardie , Breen , Trill BO team .

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
You'llo be able to get weaponry that has Acc in it which will have the same +10% Acc.
I know about the weaponry bonus , I was thinking that that might stack with the Char 's Accuracy bonus .

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
Liberated Borg Captain + Liberated Borg Boff + 1 Engine Console and max'ed ship power skills.
I don't have a Lib. Borg as a captain , but I am looking for a Lifer who wants to sell his/her sub ... Engineer or Sci. Borg Capitan included
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-23-2010, 03:01 PM
I don't think lacking a Saurian will completely break your character/ship loadout. If you have a specific makeup in mind for your crew I say go for it. Enjoying your ship and it's crew will win out over a 5% bonus any day of the week in my book.