Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I keep getting killed by the first shot on the ground game. No matter what bridge officer I put in and with different armor and science kits, I keep getting one shot killed. The damage points say 15 points, 40 points, and some are 100 or so points. These are not enough to be killing my character, but I keep getting one shot killed today. This has happen on both Tribble and Holodeck today. What is going on?

I wish if they have broken the ground game and computer drones are able to one shot kill players they would send a bulletin out to the game so people dont have to waste rejuvenators to heal up.

I did some more playing and I wiped out a Borg unit here. Maybe the problem is only with that species. I am not sure of the name but they look like ugly nausicaans with knives.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klytemnestra
I keep getting killed by the first shot on the ground game. No matter what bridge officer I put in and with different armor and science kits, I keep getting one shot killed. The damage points say 15 points, 40 points, and some are 100 or so points. These are not enough to be killing my character, but I keep getting one shot killed today. This has happen on both Tribble and Holodeck today. What is going on?

I wish if they have broken the ground game and computer drones are able to one shot kill players they would send a bulletin out to the game so people dont have to waste rejuvenators to heal up.

I did some more playing and I wiped out a Borg unit here. Maybe the problem is only with that species. I am not sure of the name but they look like ugly nausicaans with knives.
Out of curiousity were there dual wielding pistol mobs? Or weaposn with bolt spray involved? (Sword master(klingons), entire groups of non-canon race (IE:scoodians ect) with dual pistols?

If so its a bug that's been in the game since difficulty slider went in, and I haven't actually heard any info on the developers caring, or even acknowledging it's existence. So that makes it a feature rather then a bug

Seriously though the only way I avoid it is having my engineer boffs slap down turrets, generators, drones before a I start a fight so they draw some of the heat, and I'lll tell my boffs to focus fire the non-canon race commanders/lt's they usually are the ones who are going to one shot you.

If this is what it was good luck, and know we're all suffering from it.
Lt. Commander
# 3 No they are not...
11-20-2010, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kivrin
Out of curiousity were there dual wielding pistol mobs? Or weaposn with bolt spray involved? (Sword master(klingons), entire groups of non-canon race (IE:scoodians ect) with dual pistols?

If so its a bug that's been in the game since difficulty slider went in, and I haven't actually heard any info on the developers caring, or even acknowledging it's existence. So that makes it a feature rather then a bug

Seriously though the only way I avoid it is having my engineer boffs slap down turrets, generators, drones before a I start a fight so they draw some of the heat, and I'lll tell my boffs to focus fire the non-canon race commanders/lt's they usually are the ones who are going to one shot you.

If this is what it was good luck, and know we're all suffering from it.
These are Strekkelons I have found reports going back several months about these mobs. There is no way to beat them. The Lieutenants can one shot kill you. I set down several different engineers, tactical, and science people. I went with a all player group to have the player kits and same result.

They put these mobs in the game to be jerks.

I got hit with 15 points of damage and it one shot killed me. It didn't matter that I had shields and armor, I was one shot killed.

I am just never going to play the ground game anymore in the B'Tran. You lose more in resources on a mission that should take a couple of minutes to play, it take hours to even get passed two or three groups. When they test these mobs out they can set their practice toons to any level they want. And if they had reports going back 6 months and more tells me they aren't even concern or looking to fix the issue.

They could have put out information or warning, but this is just here to aggravate people and waste rejuvenators. I am going to keep working at it in case I am wrong.

I took the same squad of people against the Borg and Undine and mowed them down over and over. These guys are harder then attacking mobs on a STF. I started this exploration mission around 10 PM EST and here it is 2:30 AM EST and the first squad is still unstoppable. 5 ensigns and 1 lieutenant. All they have are knives and rifles.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-21-2010, 01:20 AM
Some of these ground mobs are very overpowered and very irritating. Really the ones that are the problem are the ones you encounter in the exploration missions. The storyline has some tough guys like Swordmasters, but with a player healer they actually aren't that bad. The ones in exploration that can just mow your whole team down in 10 seconds flat are simply overpowered and almost impossible to fight. No other way to put it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-21-2010, 02:00 AM
Quote:
These are Strekkelons I have found reports going back several months about these mobs. There is no way to beat them. The Lieutenants can one shot kill you. I set down several different engineers, tactical, and science people. I went with a all player group to have the player kits and same result.

They put these mobs in the game to be jerks.

I got hit with 15 points of damage and it one shot killed me. It didn't matter that I had shields and armor, I was one shot killed.

I am just never going to play the ground game anymore in the B'Tran. You lose more in resources on a mission that should take a couple of minutes to play, it take hours to even get passed two or three groups. When they test these mobs out they can set their practice toons to any level they want. And if they had reports going back 6 months and more tells me they aren't even concern or looking to fix the issue.

They could have put out information or warning, but this is just here to aggravate people and waste rejuvenators. I am going to keep working at it in case I am wrong.

I took the same squad of people against the Borg and Undine and mowed them down over and over. These guys are harder then attacking mobs on a STF. I started this exploration mission around 10 PM EST and here it is 2:30 AM EST and the first squad is still unstoppable. 5 ensigns and 1 lieutenant. All they have are knives and rifles.
I'm with you here, but if you do try again take two fully speced engineering boffs with 3 summonables each and the shield heal. Before the fight starts tell your boffs to summon their little friends. Then hit the fire on my target button and back up around a corner. In my experience the summonables will soak up most of the damage and get oneshotted while your team takes down the dangerous ones.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-21-2010, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kivrin
The developers have said that it's a bug and that they're aware of it.

In one of the recent Engineering Reports dstahl said they're still working on fixing it and that they may end up just Nuking all of the maps that this bug is present on.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Thank you for the advise...
11-21-2010, 07:55 AM
I may say 'I am never going to play it again' but that probably is more propaganda. Of course you know I will play it again. I am going to try the two consumable bridge officer idea. I am not exactly sure what a engineer consumable is. I am hoping he or she is writing about the turrets and generators.

So far, I beamed down with three engineers for a three hour period and I could not make a dent in the first squad. I was thinking of recording it with FRAPS. I have gone with a four tactical bridge officer team, a four science bridge officer team, and a four engineer bridge officer team.

I can understand if the developers want to have each species in the B'Tran have unique ways to defeat them. But, it should not be to the extent where I have to go out and retrain my bridge officers or respec my toon every time I land on a planet in a exploration mission.

I have been studying the combat log for the battles. The Strekkelan are using disrupters and knives (not sure what the hand weapon is actually called).

All their squads have heavy weapons that fire, and it seems that they all can toss plasma grenades. They also have some type of effect that wipes out your squads shields in one hit. I have sat there and watch as the effect hits and the two meters (health and shield) both dissolve rapidly.

I went out and got Personal shields made for disruptor mitigation, and tried both energy dampening armor and pollyweave armor. I tried using stun weapons to slow them down, and this does not work. I have used a stasis field on the Lieutenant and it does not stop them. They still shoot you.

Trying to out heal them does not work because they can lower your shield and health in one hit. Even if you survive the initial hit, your abilities won't cycle around fast enough to be helpful. The mobs seem to be killing the bridge officers be for they can get the generators in position.

I feel like this a a coyote and road runner moment. I need a ACME catalog in the game.

I have tried the engineer idea out and it is a no go. The mobs can shoot past the shield. Also, for some reason the knife can kill you on one swipe. If you suit up for physical damage, the get you with their plasma grenades and energy weapons. When you suit out for energy damage they kill you with both their knives. I made four engineers, they slow the Strekkelan's down, but they don't stop them. They still over whelm you.

The only thing that slows them down is Cover Shield, but then you can't shoot back at them. If you could beam down more people you would be able to maybe have a nice reserve. I doubt it is going to work.
Also, the heal buttons seem to be to slow.

The heal system for ground in this game with these mobs is poor. There is no way to really crowd control with and be able to heal at the same time. It seems crazy. You are restricted to five people but the enemy can keep bringing in endless supply of people.

The sane thing to do is never explore in B'Tran. There is nothing in the B'Tran you can get that can't be acquired elsewhere. Personally when I get an 'Approach the planet' mission in B'Tran...I just prefer to skip it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-21-2010, 10:15 AM
Quote:
I may say 'I am never going to play it again' but that probably is more propaganda. Of course you know I will play it again. I am going to try the two consumable bridge officer idea. I am not exactly sure what a engineer consumable is. I am hoping he or she is writing about the turrets and generators.

So far, I beamed down with three engineers for a three hour period and I could not make a dent in the first squad. I was thinking of recording it with FRAPS. I have gone with a four tactical bridge officer team, a four science bridge officer team, and a four engineer bridge officer team.

I can understand if the developers want to have each species in the B'Tran have unique ways to defeat them. But, it should not be to the extent where I have to go out and retrain my bridge officers or respec my toon every time I land on a planet in a exploration mission.

I have been studying the combat log for the battles. The Strekkelan are using disrupters and knives (not sure what the hand weapon is actually called).

All their squads have heavy weapons that fire, and it seems that they all can toss plasma grenades. They also have some type of effect that wipes out your squads shields in one hit. I have sat there and watch as the effect hits and the two meters (health and shield) both dissolve rapidly.

I went out and got Personal shields made for disruptor mitigation, and tried both energy dampening armor and pollyweave armor. I tried using stun weapons to slow them down, and this does not work. I have used a stasis field on the Lieutenant and it does not stop them. They still shoot you.

Trying to out heal them does not work because they can lower your shield and health in one hit. Even if you survive the initial hit, your abilities won't cycle around fast enough to be helpful. The mobs seem to be killing the bridge officers be for they can get the generators in position.

I feel like this a a coyote and road runner moment. I need a ACME catalog in the game.
Phaser turret, medical generator, shield generator,( Covershield might be helpful too but most of the time the boffs just use it to block doorways >.<)
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
The sane thing to do is never explore in B'Tran. There is nothing in the B'Tran you can get that can't be acquired elsewhere. Personally when I get an 'Approach the planet' mission in B'Tran...I just prefer to skip it.
Turn your mission difficulty back down to 'Normal' and you can solo in B'Tran just fine.

Advanced and Elite are bugged.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Turn your mission difficulty back down to 'Normal' and you can solo in B'Tran just fine.

Advanced and Elite are bugged.
It would be to easy to turn the advance mode off, but it also makes the game boring to me. I like the combat on the ground and space, and advance gives the game some realism for me. The situation is a easily correctable situation. They can always just remove the Strekkelan from the game.

I do not think it is a bug at all. There is no way the game has a bug that makes one species overpowered on accident but leaves all other species normal. I do not believe it. You can give that flimsy excuse to a novice ten year old. I doubt that they did not know these Strekkelan were overpowered to begin with on advance and difficulty.

It was done on purpose. Also, if it has been left unchanged for 6 months that means there isn't an attempt to fix it. The can easily make it so the species does not generate in a mission. The fact the species is on Holodeck and Tribble is no accident. Some programmer deliberately placed that species in the game to make people mad.

It is ashame too. I am trying to get my two fleets warmed up to the ideal of playing on advance mode to simulate damage and injuries in the game. Then some programmer puts this in the game and does nothing to remedy the situation makes people not want to play at all.

They were not forth coming in addressing the issue, and the idea that they know about it and still leave the species in the game for people who like playing on advance and elite to have to waste resources that are not cheap to acquire in the game is kind of despicable. Even if that can't fix it, they can certainly turn the species off.

Look how fast they were able to remove the firework emote in the game.