Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingon 'Diplomacy'
11-20-2010, 11:37 PM
I enjoy the FDC and those missions, and I wished there was something like it for us Klingons. And so I got an idea. What about some sort of "Subjugation" missions and corps of alike.

You could have "First contact" missions where you try and bribe, deceive, and intimidate planets into serving the Klingon Empire. If that doesn't work.... well... by by planet....

Also, "Peace Keeping" missions, where you visit previously subjugated planets and make sure they are inline, take cuts from their resources, and make sure there are no other empires interfering.

And various missions like that. And you would advance in this... *ahem* "Diplomacy Corps" and receive various rewards. Maybe the top subjugation would get you a special alien BO. (That would ALSO be a way to give Klingons a new Alien type without using the C-store :p)

So we can hope for a Season 5 release, right?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-20-2010, 11:50 PM
I actually like this idea quite a bit. But I don't know if what you had in mind for the "First Contact" missions is quite in line with Klingon philosophy. Maybe the intimidation part would work, but bribery and deceit seem too out of line for Klingon warriors.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranman1988 View Post
I actually like this idea quite a bit. But I don't know if what you had in mind for the "First Contact" missions is quite in line with Klingon philosophy. Maybe the intimidation part would work, but bribery and deceit seem too out of line for Klingon warriors.
Good point, that is true, but really, the house DURAS is in considerable power, and J'mpok is a jerk. And I figured maybe it would be a choice as too what you do to get results, and you could start killing randomly at any time.

Also, not all KDF players are Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-21-2010, 12:15 AM
Something is being worked on and would fit the Klingons quite well, but it is not known if it will be similar to Diplomacy. I suppose it could be a Conquer system where you persuade alien worlds to join the Klingon Empire. Destroying a few cities is an easy way to persuade a world to join the Klingon Empire, but it has the nasty side effect of rebellions.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-21-2010, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
Good point, that is true, but really, the house DURAS is in considerable power, and J'mpok is a jerk. And I figured maybe it would be a choice as too what you do to get results, and you could start killing randomly at any time.
Well, maybe bribery could be something along the lines of how an "Aid the planet" mission goes. You swing in and bring in some supplies for a faction on the planet friendly to the KDF.

Also, intimidation missions could work opposite to the Federation mission to stop an "Overseer" sent to pacify the population.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-21-2010, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Well, maybe bribery could be something along the lines of how an "Aid the planet" mission goes. You swing in and bring in some supplies for a faction on the planet friendly to the KDF.

Also, intimidation missions could work opposite to the Federation mission to stop an "Overseer" sent to pacify the population.
Ooh, see that's better. Ok new thought, all the things I mentioned should each be a separate type of episode. He's right. :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-21-2010, 10:09 PM
... brainstorming here

If the end reward of the FDC is 'Ambassador', what about for the Klingons you get a 'High Council Member'. The method is to gain Honor and Prestige for your house by defeating Feds in Battle to prove yourself worthy.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-21-2010, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
... brainstorming here

If the end reward of the FDC is 'Ambassador', what about for the Klingons you get a 'High Council Member'. The method is to gain Honor and Prestige for your house by defeating Feds in Battle to prove yourself worthy.
That would work, but maybe instead of just defeating feds, it should be the Diplomatic 'like' missions previously discussed, in addition to fighting.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Quote:
The KDF might also offer different kinds of 'Aid'. Klingons have no prime directive, so, for example, arming one side of a planetary civil war with advanced weaponry and sending in military advisors with the understanding that the new revolutionary government will join the Empire seems perfectly in line.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-22-2010, 12:54 AM
Did I not sign this already? I remember reading it, but I thought I'd signed/agreed/supported already.. No? Ok..

Signed/Agreed/Supported

Honor to you and your House, Martok.