Lt. Commander
# 11
11-23-2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekuScrubby View Post
I jsut got to ambassador after a couple months of reserved play too. There needs to be more diplo stuff to ease the grind.
I highly agree. Because of the lack of other diplo missions, I think the point values need to be modified. Diplomatic Investigations and the like are fine at 10 points each (there's usually always 2 or 3 of them available) but because First Contact missions are rare (not to mention extremely important to the FDC), I think they should be worth 50 points for successfully completing it or 25 points for just finishing it. Also, we need more diplomacy missions like Vulcan, Memory Alpha, Bajor, etc.

I LOVE the weekly episodes, but we need more new other content as well.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terral
I just like to use the Prometheus C-store bridge and it doesn't have 10 BO spots on the bridge, so I'd like a way for them to be visible elsewhere on my ship. Ship-wide uniforms would help this issue too though.
Totally agree on all accounts.

My Fed Sci also uses the Prometheus bridge, by the way. It's one of the best there are.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-23-2010, 09:54 PM
I like the diplomacy stuff a lot, I just wish there was a little more variety in the quests, some are extremely repetitive (scan some items, use some computers, etc.) The original quests they gave out (Bajor, Starbase 39, Vulcan, Memory Alpha, etc.) were a lot more fun than the run-of-the-mill generic ones. Though the First Contact ones are lot better than the running around ones, in my opinion. I don't think it needs to be made any more difficult, and the grind is pretty long as it is, especially if you do it on multiple characters. The rewards are sweet, though.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-27-2010, 04:48 AM
I really love the FDC concept and have two thoughts here.

First, why does everyone grab a Female Orion for their exchange officer when you can turn an Unknown Alien into the same appearance in about 5 minutes. I went with Gorn to add some variety to my Bridge along with my Breen BO.

Also, having hit Ambassador after no small amount of toil, I would like to have a reason to continue doing First Contact missions as I find them pretty damn fun. I personally advocate making FC Missions one emblem VA dailies if you're a VA Ambassador.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terral
That explains it. I had an "alien" character i had made to look Orion, so when I got an actual Orion my intent was simply to replace her - except I didn't dismiss her yet, so there's an excess number of Tactical officers and a lack of Engineers. But yeah, I'd like to be able to set where they appear, preferably in conjunction with assigning them specific roles. There's no reason for my CMO to be on the bridge all the time (Contrary to what Bones might say) and the same could be said of the Chief Engineer. Of course, an option to allow them to be on the bridge should be available. I just like to use the Prometheus C-store bridge and it doesn't have 10 BO spots on the bridge, so I'd like a way for them to be visible elsewhere on my ship.
Ship-wide uniforms would help this issue too though.
Agreed, bot to the shipwide uniforms and to the placement of BOs.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Where is the diplomacy sector again?
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
After many many months of work and stuff on STO. I finally opted to become Federation Ambassador since I bought my T5 Excelsior.

Aside from Aiding Planets, Scanning 20 year old frighters, Going into Abandon Bases to collect data, Scanning flowers, Scanning Rocks, Scanning Cacoons, Getting 1 shotted by MumboJumbo Aliens guarding something I need to scan, Those story missions.

Diplo is worth all the pain.

I Got myself a nice Orion Slavegirl with some bangin moves and hope to test her on the ground soon.

Diplomacy is worth it. I almost wish the Klingons would have something like this.
Agreed, I really get a kick out of my Orion Slavegirl in the away missions, and she is quite a talented
Engineer as well. She rocks with her Phaser turrets I, II, and III

Another thing that is enjoyable is jumping a Lieutenant or Lieutenant Commander to Warp 9
unexpectedly with Diplomatic Immunity. It's fun to hear some of the questions and responses
when a light cruiser passes other vessels seemingly without effort.

Vice Admiral Rockairee
1st Officer - Starfleet Special Operations Group
USS Myopic Shift Commanding
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IeyasuT
I really love the FDC concept and have two thoughts here.

First, why does everyone grab a Female Orion for their exchange officer when you can turn an Unknown Alien into the same appearance in about 5 minutes. I went with Gorn to add some variety to my Bridge along with my Breen BO.
One possible (but likely obvious) reason, why newly-promoted Federation Ambassadors go for the female Orion, is because some people want her in a bikini-and-loincloth outfit, instead of a Starfleet uniform. A lot of us want to have that Orion slave girl appearance on a Federation ship, or for satisfaction of our wildest imaginations!

Another possible reason is the Orion character traits, like Seduce and Seductive, which aren't available for Unknown Alien officers. Those traits are pretty useful in away team missions; there were a few times my female Orion engineering officer used her Seduce trait on a Borg drone to attack another Borg drone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IeyasuT
Also, having hit Ambassador after no small amount of toil, I would like to have a reason to continue doing First Contact missions as I find them pretty damn fun. I personally advocate making FC Missions one emblem VA dailies if you're a VA Ambassador.
As a fellow VA (Federation) Ambassador, I would second this idea: FDC missions with emblem rewards! I have to admit, to seek out new life and new civilizations would be more fun at the Vice Admiral rank!!
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Heh, Orions should be available as Federation officers (in rarity, anyway). We already know there's been a couple in Starfleet.

But the real waste of the Diplomacy option would be making a Klingon officer...see as we already can.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Reached Ambassador and was disappointed to see that the Klingon exchange officers are all standard vanilla and not blue or green or purple. Was expecting them to have some lvl III powers in their Commander slots etc.

Also a bit dissapointed to note that I couldnt get a Klingon officer in full Klingon gear

Also will season 3 open up the FDC voting thing on DS9??