Lt. Commander
# 1 DS9 Siege is too hard.
11-21-2010, 02:39 AM
With a team of five consisting of myself(a Saurian Tac Officer lvl 8 Captain), a Human Tac, Engineer, Sci(lvl 3 Capt, lvl 7, and lvl 5 each), and a Bajoran Engineer(lvl 5 capt.), we got stuck trying to secure Ops when I had to drop out. Just to get there too five hours! Here are my suggestions to make the fleet action workable:

Add a few NPC allied sprites. I would recommend one each of Tac, Sci, and Engineer.

Remove the holoprojectors. They create phantom Gils that taken together killed the team within 10 seconds. Their weapons would stun the team allowing sheer number to overwhelm us.

Stop or greatly reduce the respawn rate of the Legates and Guls. Every time we advance, we have to reclaim all of the terrain we had covered from the Shipyard to where we were killed.

Remove the Interrogators in OPS. Even entering OPS simulaniously, we were unable to even kill a single Cardassian! The Interrogators healed up the sprites to quickly for us to eliminate, even when coordinating our fire on a single target.

Eliminate heal on defeat. It is really annoying when I get one of the Guls or Legates down to less than a tenth of his health, and he is fully healed when I am killed.

Making even a few of these changes would make it possible to complete the mission. It should not require more than three people to complete any Fleet Action.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-21-2010, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
With a team of five consisting of myself(a Saurian Tac Officer lvl 8 Captain), a Human Tac, Engineer, Sci(lvl 3 Capt, lvl 7, and lvl 5 each), and a Bajoran Engineer(lvl 5 capt.), we got stuck trying to secure Ops when I had to drop out. Just to get there too five hours! Here are my suggestions to make the fleet action workable:

Add a few NPC allied sprites. I would recommend one each of Tac, Sci, and Engineer.

Remove the holoprojectors. They create phantom Gils that taken together killed the team within 10 seconds. Their weapons would stun the team allowing sheer number to overwhelm us.

Stop or greatly reduce the respawn rate of the Legates and Guls. Every time we advance, we have to reclaim all of the terrain we had covered from the Shipyard to where we were killed.

Remove the Interrogators in OPS. Even entering OPS simulaniously, we were unable to even kill a single Cardassian! The Interrogators healed up the sprites to quickly for us to eliminate, even when coordinating our fire on a single target.

Eliminate heal on defeat. It is really annoying when I get one of the Guls or Legates down to less than a tenth of his health, and he is fully healed when I am killed.

Making even a few of these changes would make it possible to complete the mission. It should not require more than three people to complete any Fleet Action.

...I solo'd this...
Try going by yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-21-2010, 02:37 PM
I seem to recall that Fleet Actions were designed for groups of 10-20 people in mind. :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-21-2010, 03:07 PM
The DS9 one isn't impossible to beat, but it's super hard even on normal difficulty. It took quite a while for me to beat it and I had a good group. I would like to see the holo projectors removed, or something, to make it more moderate difficulty. I don't want it to be too easy, either, but it is really hard, in my opinion, as it is now.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-21-2010, 03:21 PM
It is difficult at the moment due to a lack of players. But with a coordinated group of 5 it is still doable.

One of my favorite tactics is the group suicide run. Just have everyone stick together and sprint past everything to the objectives.. usually at least one person will live to activate a console or rescue the NPC's.

Perhaps not everyone's idea of fun but with the lack of community and lack of interest in running these types of encounters it's about all you can do right now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-22-2010, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaumul View Post
It is difficult at the moment due to a lack of players. But with a coordinated group of 5 it is still doable.

One of my favorite tactics is the group suicide run. Just have everyone stick together and sprint past everything to the objectives.. usually at least one person will live to activate a console or rescue the NPC's.

Perhaps not everyone's idea of fun but with the lack of community and lack of interest in running these types of encounters it's about all you can do right now.
There is nothing heroic about a Kamakazi run. YOur post brings to mind Tuvok's speech in "Learning Curve".
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-22-2010, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas-
The DS9 one isn't impossible to beat, but it's super hard even on normal difficulty. It took quite a while for me to beat it and I had a good group. I would like to see the holo projectors removed, or something, to make it more moderate difficulty. I don't want it to be too easy, either, but it is really hard, in my opinion, as it is now.
Its only set to normal, changing the difficulty does not change the mission as its an open zone.

This is meant to be run by upwards of 10 people. 5 can do it but it is tricky. Personally i would like to see it eased up as there are not as many people running them as when it first came out.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-22-2010, 04:13 AM
I think the main problem with Fleet Actions is that they are not Rewarding enough for the effort put into them for most people.
Lt. Commander
# 9 The Kobiashi Maru Scenario
11-22-2010, 06:10 AM
I have went back and tried several times and never can make it through,,,, I figured it was a "kobiashi maru" scenario.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-22-2010, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSARGuy
...I solo'd this...
Try going by yourself.
This. I don't remember it being all that tough. Maybe they changed something since back when I did it alone though.