Lt. Commander
# 11
11-22-2010, 06:43 AM
We did it with 5 people yesterday, all of us mid-range captains I think. Actually it was two groups, I rejoined after my lunch break to find a new group still trying to take down the last 4 force fields. We must have died 20 times each in trying to storm the temple, exchange and OPS (especially OPS, with there being plasma fires in the turbolift upon entrance, and the Cardies returning to the respawn point on the Promenade). It's doable, but extremely hard.

The general addage was: "One person kill the holoprojectors, everyone else get the Legate before he builds more!" The problem was finding the projectors and the legates in the swarms of Gils. We'd get shot down before we even had one targeted.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSARGuy
...I solo'd this...
Try going by yourself.
Lmao! You dont survive 5 seconds alone when you step out of the save corridor to where the first cardies standing around.

You can never ever beat this alone - never.

I beat it several times in a good mixed group though with > 7 players.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-25-2010, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiriusAvarao
We did it with 5 people yesterday, all of us mid-range captains I think. Actually it was two groups, I rejoined after my lunch break to find a new group still trying to take down the last 4 force fields. We must have died 20 times each in trying to storm the temple, exchange and OPS (especially OPS, with there being plasma fires in the turbolift upon entrance, and the Cardies returning to the respawn point on the Promenade). It's doable, but extremely hard.

The general addage was: "One person kill the holoprojectors, everyone else get the Legate before he builds more!" The problem was finding the projectors and the legates in the swarms of Gils. We'd get shot down before we even had one targeted.
Part of why I recommend that in this scenario, the build holoprojectors skill should be removed from the Legate's skill pool.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2011, 08:40 PM
First time player, just got thruogh this with a crazy PUG. I never figured out how many players we had in there as they were not grouping up.

It was just a mad throw bodies at it type scenario. It was difficult, probably would have been easier with a better organized group.

The only real problem I had with it, was the last phase.

During the shut off the self destruct sequence, we spawn in the middle of about a dozen or more baddies. And when we respawn we're in that same place.

I never did figure out what we were supposed to do to get through that. We were simply spawning into the midst of them one at a time or in small groups. Every once in a while one of us would break through and get clear.

Someone eventually got to whatever the objective was and tripped it, which stopped the bleeding.

It wasn't really fun, and the prize for finishing it wasn't even something I could use. I threw it in the replicator.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2011, 09:58 PM
I have heard similar complaints from fleet members. It's been a while since I did it and can't remember it being to hard. I'll play it again with some competent players and hopefully have the same complaint.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2011, 10:53 PM
I think the biggest problem is the respawn rate. DS9 Siege and Breaking the Planet is a nightmare if there is only 3-4 ppl, more often than not the group behind you respawns while your still fighting the group in front of you, and then you get zerged.

The Big Dig on the other hand has a much, much more relaxed spawn rate and is more doable with 3-4 ppl. (or at least it did, now its as bad as Breaking the Planet)
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-06-2011, 07:14 AM
Now breaking the planet is easy. It's like a walk and a stroll down from starbase 24. Don't tell me you find the Gorn advance hard.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-06-2011, 07:42 AM
the respawn rates in any fleet action that is not space are way way way way WAYYY did I mention way? to high.

They had at one time fixed this but then they 'fixed' it back and it made them undoable all over again
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by filbones View Post
Now breaking the planet is easy. It's like a walk and a stroll down from starbase 24. Don't tell me you find the Gorn advance hard.
Check the NPC level, you sure your at their level and not over? Because I have joined one before and flew through it thinking they fixed it but noticed later that they were 27 levels lower than me. At proper level and with only 4 ppl it is a disaster, mainly due to fast respawn rate, otherwise it would be fine, IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker88 View Post
Check the NPC level, you sure your at their level and not over? Because I have joined one before and flew through it thinking they fixed it but noticed later that they were 27 levels lower than me. At proper level and with only 4 ppl it is a disaster, mainly due to fast respawn rate, otherwise it would be fine, IMO.
I would not complain if the "fix" to the fleet actions is the ability to join a lower level instance WITHOUT having to be teamed up.

P.S. I dropped the mission sometime after my last post on this thread and now I can't access this fleet action. Does anyone know how I can reactivate the mission?