Lt. Commander
# 1 New Windows and Escape Pods!
11-21-2010, 06:48 AM
All right, simple and easy customization option.
Cryptic! Heads up!
This is how you can give us more freedom over Escape Pod and Window choices, and it is really simple.

Just make new texture variations that cover ALL the Window types.
I.E, 4 textures with Type 1 Windows, each with its own Escape Pod variant and so forth.

And here is an easy convincing mock-up how it would look.

"Type 4" Windows with "Type 1" Escape Pods
http://alexraptor.com/images/SovTyp4WindTyp1Pods.jpg

The only effort needed here is perhaps an hour or two by an artist to create the new texture variants and just a little work by coders to load in the new textures as options.

I can't see how anyone would be opposed to this as it would give us more freedom and its an easy thing to do.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-21-2010, 08:15 AM
I would love to see this happen. I created a thread a while back suggesting something similar but I didn't touch on the escape pods. I just wanted additional textures of the window choices we already had.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-21-2010, 10:49 AM
How about the KDF also get more than one single window/escape pod version.

Seriously...Cryptic...can it be THAT hard to just allow more of the same options that already exist on Fed side for the KDF?
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
How about the KDF also get more than one single window/escape pod version.

Seriously...Cryptic...can it be THAT hard to just allow more of the same options that already exist on Fed side for the KDF?
Except that Klingon Ships have no "identifable" escape pods, and windows are pretty standard on Klingon ships all accross the board. :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Except that Klingon Ships have no "identifable" escape pods, and windows are pretty standard on Klingon ships all accross the board. :p
Actually, some ships have them. The Negh'Var seems to. I don't mind them removing them, as I just don't care that much. However, since its linked to the window type, and KDF only get one window type, their appearance never changes.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-21-2010, 05:02 PM
Klingons abandon ship? Wouldn't that be against the warrior mythos they have built up around themselves?
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Please do not derail the topic.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-22-2010, 12:02 PM
Is there really such a lack of interest for this?