Lt. Commander
# 1 Fix the broken tricorders
11-21-2010, 09:04 AM
Players have been requesting this for at least 3 months now that I know of. Our federation counter parts when doing PvE are able to use their tricorders to find their objectives. This now needs to be fixed for the Klingon's for use in PvE, what little we do have. Three months with this problem being ignored and hoping it will go away is irresponsible on the part of the developer's.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-21-2010, 09:32 AM
As Storm has explained a couple of times, this is not so much that our tricorders are broken as it is that our missions have few to none interactive objects. Most of our missions that could use tricorders have destroy 4-5 of X object and then maybe one interact with Y object as the mission goals. Destructible objects are not detectable by the current tricorder system.

This make the fix even harder because they are stuck between trying to show us where these objects are which would in many cases make the mission too much of a cake walk or not doing anything and making it impossible for those occasions where there is a destructible object hidden away behind some rocks or a crate.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Find a cloak node and destroy it isn't that hard. If your referring to missions like this, anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheJourny
Find a cloak node and destroy it isn't that hard. If your referring to missions like this, anyway.
It depends, the nodes that are built like consoles are usually very easy to find. The ones that are the transporter inhibitors or whatever can be horrible since they are almost always in the interiors filled with crates and the inhibitors are just narrow poles that share some of the color characteristics with the environment.

My favorite is the tribble ones, there is something cathartic about blowing up those piles of tribbles.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Hey good point I thought it was just me. I finally descided to start a Klingon character after all thit time. Love destoying the Tribbles ! Very cool inclusion.

Not sure if it's just me but .... why does my Klingon use a Federation silver flip out tricorder?
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Because klingons were never designed for PVE

Which is really really poor choice by the designers...

Who wouldn't want to crush the galaxy under their heel instead of be its best friend?
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-23-2010, 01:17 PM
TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - November 23, 2010

Whoo-hoo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramak
Tricorder scans now pick up destructible objects. Klingons rejoice!
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=190164
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Yay! Stupid minimum characters rule
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyman2480 View Post
Because klingons were never designed for PVE
Which is really really poor choice by the designers...
More like publisher pressure for an early release than an intentional choice. There were a lot of dev comments back then that made the intended KDF look similar to the Federation in terms of content. Later, a "we always wanted the KDF to look like this" stance was adopted as to not publicly admit the game was rushed, but you could still read it between the lines in some of the interviews.

Anyhow, that's all in the past now, we're getting better and the Klingon faction has already come a long way from how it started out.

And hooray for the tricorders!
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-26-2010, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
More like publisher pressure for an early release than an intentional choice. There were a lot of dev comments back then that made the intended KDF look similar to the Federation in terms of content. Later, a "we always wanted the KDF to look like this" stance was adopted as to not publicly admit the game was rushed, but you could still read it between the lines in some of the interviews.

Anyhow, that's all in the past now, we're getting better and the Klingon faction has already come a long way from how it started out.

And hooray for the tricorders!
3 months before STO hit the shelves they changed the entire "Klingons are equal to Federation" point of view. That's why so many people were duped into buying STO. Admittedly I would have never gotten STO either if I saw their update stance on the Klingons but here I am.

I have to admit, the difference between Dstahl and Zinkovich is amazing. At least Stahl admits there's a lot of issues with STO atm, more specifically the Klingon faction. Zinkovich pretty much gave the KDF the feeling that we were never wanted in STO. Problem is, a content gap like we have now isn't something you fix in a month or so. Klingons have come a LONG way since release but there's always more thingies that could be changed.

For example cross-faction STFs to handle the STF teaming issues on KDF side, opening sector space for Klingons (which is actually in the works now) so they can have more space to fly around in. More general PvE content which is hopefully coming after the new Pi Canis PvE addition. Lot of stuff in the works, just give Cryptic time to implement it. I'm sure they'll come around changing the KDF Engineer turrets and tricorders eventually.