Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
So, I went to Memory Alpha this evening to create my Aegis set. I took all the data samples from all my alts (and there are several) and sent them to my main. After doing so I discovered I was a little short on one or two data samples. I went to the exchange thinking I could afford a few EC, well I certainly couldn't afford what they were asking. 1.5 mill for 2 data samples.

I decided I could wait. Then I noticed in the zone chat there was a player offering data samples to players, and he was selling to the highest bidder. That kinda annoyed me because this guy was not only price gouging people, but he was kinda rude about it. I decided to act.

If I couldn't make an Aegis set, I was gonna help others do it. I started telling people that I would GIVE them whatever samples they needed if I had them. I made it very clear that I wanted nothing in return. I gave away every single piece of data that I had collected, along with several weapons, some blue, some purple, and a ton of energy credits. By the time it was done, dude was gone and my inventory and bank account were empty.

But I had 8 new people on my friends list, and a lot of people in the game were happy.

I did this not because I wanted "Glory" I did it because I wanted to remind people of something. The Federation has always helped each other, did Picard ask for ten million EC before he would help someone?

Starfleet officers getting on the exchange and acting like latinum hungry Ferengi is just not in keeping with the ideals of Starfleet. So, if you were one of the people I gave stuff to.....please, keep it going, pay it forward.

Let's start acting like Starfleet officers.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-23-2010, 03:01 AM
Last I saw the Aegis parts were selling about 2 mil EC on the exchange. If people keep the price listed there you may be in trouble but in about 3 weeks I'm quite sure even that price will drop because of an over abundance on those items on the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-23-2010, 03:04 AM
No. I prefer to keep acting like the Orion business person that I am. The Syndicate will be happy to supply your 'needs'.... for a price of course.

Lt. General
Morah Epitai-D'ian
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-23-2010, 03:15 AM
an Orion character acting like an Orion? Shocking
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-23-2010, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda5221979 View Post
an Orion character acting like an Orion? Shocking
I know isn't it though? LOL.

Fly safe and I like what you did. It was Honorable and Decent. <--- OOC statement.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-23-2010, 03:35 AM
Quote:
So, if you were one of the people I gave stuff to.....please, keep it going, pay it forward.

I did this in the last game I played. I gave random noobs, (less than 3 months old) one or two million Isk (guess what the game was ) to help them on their way, pocket change for me but a fortune for a noob.

In PVP, I would re-imburse noobs, (less than 6 months) with mega interest if I blew them up, (I would never pod a noob though but I gave them a warning about flying in lowsec with implants in), that taught them a harsh lesson about flying in the more dangerous regions but without the side effect of making them rage-quit beecause they'd lost all they owned. Anyone with more than 6 months experience should know better.

Every time, I told them to pay it forward and do the same for noobs they encountered in the future when they were rich enough to do it.

I made a lot of friends in the game and although, I never became really rich myself, I felt a lot richer for all the friends I had made. Many applied to join my corp later and most paid it forward as I had.

I'm just starting out in this game and have only got to LC5 so far but I intend to do the same here when I can.

IT'S JUST A GAME AND THE MONEY IS NOT REAL. Shame it's not as easy in RL to make money.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-23-2010, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolderine
I did this in the last game I played. I gave random noobs, (less than 3 months old) one or two million Isk (guess what the game was ) to help them on their way, pocket change for me but a fortune for a noob.

In PVP, I would re-imburse noobs, (less than 6 months) with mega interest if I blew them up, (I would never pod a noob though but I gave them a warning about flying in lowsec with implants in), that taught them a harsh lesson about flying in the more dangerous regions but without the side effect of making them rage-quit beecause they'd lost all they owned. Anyone with more than 6 months experience should know better.

Every time, I told them to pay it forward and do the same for noobs they encountered in the future when they were rich enough to do it.

I made a lot of friends in the game and although, I never became really rich myself, I felt a lot richer for all the friends I had made. Many applied to join my corp later and most paid it forward as I had.

I'm just starting out in this game and have only got to LC5 so far but I intend to do the same here when I can.

IT'S JUST A GAME AND THE MONEY IS NOT REAL. Shame it's not as easy in RL to make money.
I have to agree with you both in reference to EVE and to this game, and life as well. It would be very nice indeed if RL iskies were as easy to make as ingame types.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-23-2010, 04:26 AM
Quote:
/snip

you play the game how you want......i happen to have a ferengi toon, and let me just say......

rule 284 Deep down everyone's a Ferengi..
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-23-2010, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK-187
you play the game how you want......i happen to have a ferengi toon, and let me just say......

rule 284 Deep down everyone's a Ferengi..
Me 2. I have that one in my sig for a while now

But...I have always hated how people try to make as much virtual money as they can and then just sit on it. Believe me, there are some real Ferengi playing this game
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-23-2010, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiskota
But...I have always hated how people try to make as much virtual money as they can and then just sit on it. Believe me, there are some real Ferengi playing this game
I've seen it all too often. Toons with billions and more in game currency and everything they own is top spec gear.

Being mega rich is really end game for me and that's when I get bored with the game. Nothing left to work for since you can buy the best of everything on a whim and recycle it without a second thought if it doesn't do what you want.