Lt. Commander
# 1 Hailing friendly ships??
11-21-2010, 08:13 PM
I remember seeing awhile back something about having the ability to hail friendly ships, it even made it on Tribble but since then, I've heard no more about it. Does anyone know what happened to this ability?? Did it get put on Tribble and later got mothballed or what??
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-21-2010, 08:35 PM
I'm not sure what you're asking about. When you send a tell to another player it makes a hail sound and you can converse back and forth between friendly ships that way. Were they supposedly adding something other then that?
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I'm not sure what you're asking about. When you send a tell to another player it makes a hail sound and you can converse back and forth between friendly ships that way. Were they supposedly adding something other then that?
No, this was different. It was more like when you hailed another ship, a box would show up on the screen with the character pic in it and then you could talk to the other person. I dunno....maybe they did mothball the idea.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-21-2010, 09:48 PM
I remember the thread that you're talking about.

It was a photoshop job put up by a player as a joke. Unfortunately...
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
I remember the thread that you're talking about.

It was a photoshop job put up by a player as a joke. Unfortunately...
Really?? Oh wow, that bites.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-24-2010, 05:25 AM
That actually sounds like quite a good idea. I don't like having to /tell other players in the same chat window as everything else. Being able to hail another player (or players) and all chat in a separate window sounds good.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-26-2010, 03:55 AM
I must admit, being able to say 'on screen' while on my bridge and communicate there would be well cool