Lt. Commander
# 1 BO candidates
11-22-2010, 04:05 AM
since im va1 im experiencing that no more candidates offer their service to me so the questions:

would i still get some BOs with enough merits or do i get only BOs from levelups/missions?
and from what depending the rarity of the BOs candidates?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-22-2010, 06:47 AM
Once you reach VA1 you don't get any more BOs for free. However you can still buy them either from a vendor (there is one in Earth Space Dock) or through the exchange. The BOs from the vendor are generally common rarity and I believe cost merits, maybe energy credits. I don't remember that now. On the exchange you can find anything for energy credits only.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-22-2010, 06:51 AM
Last time I checked the BO's from the ESD vendor cost 100 Merits each.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-22-2010, 08:27 AM
BO candidates are also available at DS9 from the engineering officer above the commander of DS9. I discovered it exploring DS9 for the first time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-22-2010, 08:29 AM
If you haven't done the Diplomacy Corps all the way to the final level, you still have a chance to get one more BO.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rias View Post
since im va1 im experiencing that no more candidates offer their service to me so the questions:

would i still get some BOs with enough merits or do i get only BOs from levelups/missions?
and from what depending the rarity of the BOs candidates?
If you have friends in the game, they can train the bridge officers you already have. They need an open BOff slot, though, which makes it a little tough, sometimes.

The great thing about ESD is that you can buy human BOffs and then train them with upper level skills.

If you're VA, though, you really shouldn't need any more BOffs. If you do, and I honestly don't know why you would, you can always look at the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-22-2010, 11:39 AM
thanks for your answers

i know that i can buy some BOs for 100 merit but i want some rare ones
or better, the rare ones that have the nice level III skills that u cant train yourself
with proper stats or one with some useful skills

i know that u can buy some in the exchange but the prices are quite steep
so i asked how can aquire further BOs on my own...

so i have to make some new char to get some new BOs !?
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rias View Post
so i have to make some new char to get some new BOs !?
what exactly do you need them for?

Also, like I said, you can train the bridge officers you buy from ESD. I know they are only white, but they have uncommon ground passives. You can buy human bridge officers, which increase repair rate, and train them on rare abilities the purple and blue BOffs you acquired have. that'll clear your stable and allow you to go about procuring more personnel, however you feel you need to.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-22-2010, 01:12 PM
I am an eng/cruiser so i thought that auxtosifIII would be useful
which isnt that easy to obtain but im working on it^^
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-23-2010, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
Once you reach VA1 you don't get any more BOs for free.
Correction: Once you hit RA4 (or 5?), you don't get any more BOs for free. And as a person with 16 active BOs, to answer SP3CTRE's question, versatility. I have some BOs with skill lineups designed for specific mob types/enemy groups. I don't need Science Team for all enemies (for example) so I have BOs whose skillset are designed for debuff removal primarily, just for those enemy groups it's needed for. I have a 'Mindfreak' Science Officer with skills set for that (Jam Sensors, Scramble Sensors, etc) and so forth. Is it necessary? Heck no! I could cut my staff in half and do fine (especially since I only PvE). But I don't have (or want) to, so I don't.

Now if they'd only release a bridge that can hold/show more than 12 BOs (and didn't look like an empty hangar)....