Lt. Commander
# 1 Selling unused ships
11-22-2010, 10:06 AM
I'm now a Captain and have a few ships that I don't see using again. Is there a way to sell them?

Thanks!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-22-2010, 10:07 AM
No, you can only discharge them.

Make sure you take all of the items off before doing so
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-22-2010, 10:11 AM
No, but if you really don't want them any more you can discharge them. Be aware that you can't get the miranda back if you discharge it though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Can you even sell the default gear that originally comes with them? I can't seem to sell or trade my white X-level phaser arrays, photon torps and such.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IglooDude
Can you even sell the default gear that originally comes with them? I can't seem to sell or trade my white X-level phaser arrays, photon torps and such.
Yes, as long as the gear isn't one of the following:

1. Uncommon, Rare, or Very Rare as these are bind-on-equip.
2. Certain mission/story rewards as these are bind-on-pickup.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-22-2010, 06:39 PM
Actually, some of the C Store ships come with "not quite standard" gear, which looks completely normal except for the fact that you can't sell it. As far as I can tell, this mostly only seems to happen with ships that you can claim from the C-Store. Any of them that you can only buy from the in-game spacedock have normal gear that can be sold to vendors. I'd assume this was done to prevent any possible exploit where someone claims a ship, strips it, sells the gear, discharges the ship and then repeats.

*Edit* Any gear that has been Bound to your character can still be sold. You just can't put it on the exchange. (Unless it's also one of the unique mission rewards, or otherwise flagged as Not For Sale somehow.)
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-22-2010, 06:50 PM
I should also add that on Klingon ships, some of the "standard issue" gear has better stats than the equivalent common mk level gear available from vendors. You might just want to hold on to that gear for awhile.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Quote:
You can sell it by deleting it from your inventory. You get credits for deleting things, you just don't get the full 50% like you would get from a vendor.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Quote:
you can't sell the gear on c-store ships, people were stripping them selling the gear, claiming the ship again, over and over, so you can't sell that stuff any more.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
you can't sell the gear on c-store ships, people were stripping them selling the gear, claiming the ship again, over and over, so you can't sell that stuff any more.
Right. It doesn't show up in the sell list at all at a vendor, and you get zero credits for deleting it. Which would be fine, if the items in question gave any indication they weren't normal (like having a sell price of 0.) Instead, they look completely identical to common gear, except that they don't show up in the list of things you can sell.