Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I think part of the reason that ground PvP is far less common than space PvP is that ground and space points come from the same pool and it's more advantageous to spend your points on space than ground. There are far more space powers than ground powers and to be fully loaded out in everything you have in space means that you will have very little left over for ground. If these came from two separate point pools, there would still be balance (space doesn't impact ground, so they don't need to be linked) and I think there would be a rise in ground PvP as a result.

Signed,
Someone who likes ground PvP
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-22-2010, 11:16 AM
Reall excellent suggestion IMO.

Would be nice for people to be able to play both well. Rgight now I spend the bulk on my ground skills and I suck in space. I see people come into ground all the time and get slaughtered because they are speced for space.

A good fleet officer should be good at both.

Bravo!
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-22-2010, 11:19 AM
To be honest, the reason I personally don't do ground PVP has nothing to do with skill points. That being said, I agree that it probably wasn't the best idea to have two very different skill sets draw from the same pool. Since you can get space equipment in space fights and ground equipment in ground fights, and taking into consideration the fairly balanced mixed of space and ground PvE while leveling, why don't they let you accrue space and ground specific points? That could also provide a whole new depth to customization where people invest time in the type of action they want.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-22-2010, 11:51 AM
It would be one mroe way to help fed pugs in space combat... its a great idea.
It would possibly mean many of the long time space pvp players would be more willing to try ground pvp.
It would even make it easier for cryptic to make weekly missions and such, they would know the difficulty they could build for as they wouldn't have some of us space pvp guys trying to complete them with zero ground skills. I don't have issues now, however I think cryptic caters to some of us with no ground skill point spend now. lol
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Ground skill points are also not the reason I don't PVP in ground. Honestly it's the lack of customization in ground compared to space or even the NPCs.. but that's not what this topic is about is it?

I, also, agree if they increased the amount of ground skills, and seperated the skill tree points into 2 seperate areas, it might make the ground abit more indepth. Or maybe just take Ground and give it it's own seperate, yet smaller, point allowance.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Ground combat is awful, but even if ti wasn't - the speccing would be a big issue. If you don't focus, you lose too much effectiveness and have no hope of competing in PvP with those that do specialize.

2 Options:

1) Split up the two categeories into two pools and add new ground skills to give more build customization options for everyone.

2) Just add Dual-Speccing. People that enjoy both ground and space combat can use this to cover both equally well. People that really love only ground or only space can use it to have two builds for their favorite.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-22-2010, 02:14 PM
And link space and ground racial traits to give both stuff.. like 10% accuracy in space give it on ground and efficient captain in space remain as it is and on ground you get some random bouns.. and warror for ground makes your ship in space 2%more hull. Imo that would balance out some of the real races to do something in space... Alien is by far the best spacepvp race.

Now, Traits isn't that much of your total set of skills bo's and other factors but why not make it so 1 trait benefit both ground and space.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
And link space and ground racial traits to give both stuff.. like 10% accuracy in space give it on ground and efficient captain in space remain as it is and on ground you get some random bouns.. and warror for ground makes your ship in space 2%more hull. Imo that would balance out some of the real races to do something in space... Alien is by far the best spacepvp race.

Now, Traits isn't that much of your total set of skills bo's and other factors but why not make it so 1 trait benefit both ground and space.
This is another good idea... or Perhaps just set it up with 4 space choices and 4 ground choices. I never select any ground choices... hell if they did this with some of the species where you get 2 ground species traits and select another 2 ground and 4 for space... Perhaps we wouldn't all be a bunch of aliens. lol
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena

Now that is an excellent idea. Yes, eeeeeeexcellent indeed.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-22-2010, 03:07 PM
I like the idea of a separate ground skill point pool.

I also like the idea of linking traits to be effective on both space/ground and/or giving us a separate number of space/ground traits.

/+1 Vote Yes for either/both.