Lt. Commander
# 1 Gawd, no more Zerg n Hold!
11-22-2010, 11:29 AM
We need new maps!
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-22-2010, 11:51 AM
At the very least, they could do a better job of randomizing the dailies so that we don't have repeats of the same one for a week straight. Hell, even if they just set it up to cycle through each in a set order would be fine.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-22-2010, 12:31 PM
I'd love to see a capture and hold inside a massive asteroid, with installations built into cave walls. I think that would look pretty outstanding visually, if done properly.

Cryptic could get really creative with capture and hold maps. I'd love to see maps with multiple routes to get to one location (for example, you could travel through a damaging nebula and get there faster, or go around and take extra time.) The possibilities are endless.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
We need new maps!
^ Hai Cryptic, new maps with new objectives please, and please the scoring based on how much you contribute to helping complete that objective. C and H usually devolves into ball v ball matches.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Yes, I really want to see new maps, too.

If you can'T do it yourself (hopefully because you're too busy thinking about Open PvP and Territory control), please, put this high on the list for Foundry options - the creation of PvP maps.
And then expand from there - allow us ways to define "scoring" so we can create new map types, too.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-23-2010, 05:46 AM
whatever happened to that one other space pvp map where you had to beam away teams to enemy starbases?
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-23-2010, 06:23 AM
Quote:
whatever happened to that one other space pvp map where you had to beam away teams to enemy starbases?
Disappeared with the new PvP Queues. No one knows why, really. I don't think there has ever been an official statement as to why it disappeared.

My speculation is that no one ever played it - it was too far down the list, and the rules were more complicated then Cap & Hold. I don't get why it's not even available into the challenge maps, though.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-23-2010, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertW1982 View Post
now why didnt i ever see that game mode?
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-23-2010, 06:31 AM
Probably because, as MustrumRidcully pointed out, it was at the very bottom of the list buried beneath all of the other map clutter. Things really are much more nicely organized right now, thankfully.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
At the very least, they could do a better job of randomizing the dailies so that we don't have repeats of the same one for a week straight. Hell, even if they just set it up to cycle through each in a set order would be fine.
Yes this here - 4 days in a row I've gotten Cap and hold for my daily. And then to see 31 Klingons and 3 FEDs in Que makes me start twitching.