Lt. Commander
Hey gang, searched the forums and couldn't find an answer on this...

Two friends of mine just started playing so I re-subbed my account to play with them. I'm a Commander 9 and they're both still Lieutenants...can I run missions with them if one of them is the squad leader? We tried it for a few minutes and couldn't seem to get it to share the mission with me.

I have some support skills I want to use to help them out and would rather not roll up a new character just to fleet up with them.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-22-2010, 06:44 PM
In their journal there should be a button labeled "share" that they can hit to share the selected mission with you. If it doesn't work, you can try it with the same person set to both squad and team leader.

Even if that doesn't work, if one of them enters the system the mission is in, if you wait outside the system, once they are inside you should get an option to join them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-23-2010, 12:20 AM
As far as i know the patrol missions cannot be shared. Only the story-missions, but like Nagorak said no matter if they can share their missions with you, you are able to enter the mission with them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-23-2010, 12:52 AM
In addition you can lower your level to that of the squad's leader if you don't want to trivialize the missions.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maledicus
As far as i know the patrol missions cannot be shared. Only the story-missions, but like Nagorak said no matter if they can share their missions with you, you are able to enter the mission with them.
Ah, that was the issue...they had taken a patrol mission and were trying to share it. Thanks!