Lt. Commander
# 11
11-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Chancellor J'mpok already kicked all the Undine out of Klingon space, so there are none left to fight.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
I loved the Gre'thor missions personally. I thought they fit really well.
**shrug** Each to their own. Personally I hate Religious and fantasy plots in Sci-fi. Especially if its not logically explained (Galatica, I'm looking at you!).

Of course bugs and bad level design which the Devs should have known about are a different matter. For example, Areas that are instant kill and you want us to fight next to. Please erect a safety barrier! As you know full well the players bridge officers are going to go over the edge at some point. Either by enthusiastic rolling or knock backs.
This has been an issue since the launch, and possibly the Beta stages, with the Fire caves mission, so its not like it'll come as a surprise to any one.

Don't get me wrong the missions where nice visually, and had an interesting dynamic, but they'd have worked far far far better in a Fantasy game.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Myself, while I'm no fan of fantasy sci-fi, I've never minded and often enjoyed sci-fi with religious themes, plus I rather liked Galactica.

However, I'm not a fan of the Gre'thor missions simply because it's not "Trek".

Every sci-fi setting has its own set of "rules" for what's allowed in that universe. It's these rules that make Star Trek distinct from Star Wars, Galactica ... etc. Now, Star Trek's "rule" about gods & demons is not that different from Conan's. In Conan you never get actual spirits, you either get total fakes or else exceptionally powerful creatures that use their extensive knowledge and abilities to impress their will onto the gullible or defenseless.

The Gre'thor missions just don't feel like they really fit well under the "rules" of the Star Trek universe.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_de_jour

The Gre'thor missions just don't feel like they really fit well under the "rules" of the Star Trek universe.
How?

10chars.....................................
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-26-2010, 06:04 PM
i am wondering why, if the Undine are the main adversaries in the game and the book of the game, WHY AREN'T THERE LOTS AND LOTS OF QUESTS
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Perhaps we should have the next series a KDF-centric series involving the 8472 species....We have already had a travel back in time Fed mission sequence...why not something that's KDF-centric?
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Isn't J'mpok an undercover Undine ??
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunthaar
One would think that all of the infiltrators in/on the High Council were all exposed. That being said, why not have an intro/tutorial mission where the player exposes a few Undine. It would give the player an opportunity to fight Klingon facton sprites(they were dupes, weaking the Empire, culling them makes us stronger), and activate the Undine Kill accolade(Tripod Terrorist), wheting the player's appetite for more.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunthaar
No he is just not a very good Chancellor. It shouldn't be long before he ends up deposed.