Lt. Commander
# 1 Release the Foundry today!
12-01-2010, 08:56 AM
Hey Devs, I've got a crazy idea: release the Foundry on Tribble today. In case you forgot, Tribble is the test server, so no one is expecting it to be perfect or bug free. And to anyone who is going to tell me to be patient, take your own advice in response to this post
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-01-2010, 08:58 AM
if the foundry build is causing the game to crash constantly, then what is there to test
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Unfortunately jack, considering the expectations and response I've seen in the past from this community, a lot of people are expecting it to be perfect and/or bug free. Or at the very least the flood of threads expressing disappointment would you leave you to believe so. Let the devs do their work and release it for testing when it's ready to be tested.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-01-2010, 09:05 AM
what if the bug causes the sever to crash 80% of the time. suddenly 'no one is expecting it to be bug free' becomes' devs why the hell are you releasing something thats not ready'.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-01-2010, 09:06 AM
The Foundry is still too unstable for public testing. I'd rather them keep in closed beta than let it get out and cause a PR nightmare.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Heck I'm already crashing everytime I go to ESD on Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparrowjive55 View Post
Hey Devs, I've got a crazy idea: release the Foundry on Tribble today. In case you forgot, Tribble is the test server, so no one is expecting it to be perfect or bug free. And to anyone who is going to tell me to be patient, take your own advice in response to this post
It is possible to be patient while being impatient That said, if the toolset itself is causing more than a user to crash to desktop, say multiple users cause the entire server to die, then its not worth it to publish the build. Now granted this is assuming that the crash thats held it back is a server wide crash issue, but I would rather only having local client issues then 1 person bringing down the house every 20 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-01-2010, 09:11 AM
I'll also put my voice to side saying, lets wait until the gamestopping/server crashing bugs have been squashed before we put the Foundry to tribble.

Makes some kind of sense huh?
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-01-2010, 09:32 AM
I'm a little confused here: the Foundry has supposedly been in closed beta testing for a couple of months now(first just "friends and family", and more recently actual players were invited). How can it be SO unstable that its crashing the server at this point?
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I'm a little confused here: the Foundry has supposedly been in closed beta testing for a couple of months now(first just "friends and family", and more recently actual players were invited). How can it be SO unstable that its crashing the server at this point?
I think it had to do with the sheer numbers of people who'd log on and use the Foundry that would crash it. Though I'm not 100% on that.