Lt. Commander
# 11
11-24-2010, 09:49 AM
So wait, are you just not going to try missions that are spammed at you, or none at all?

I myself will be avoiding or one-starring anything spammed at me, but I assure you I'll be playing the ones that sound remotely interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-24-2010, 09:54 AM
Well, if I have to go in to advertising to get people's opinions on my missions, then I will most likely not even try. I am not going to compete with people's ability to advertise. Just because they can advertise better than I can, does not mean their stories will be any better.

I have some very interesting ideas saved up for some missions, sad nobody will check them out unless I advertise along with the competition. No thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
On the bright side, there are some outlets for promoting missions that are completely removed from these forums and the sto game. If people use the blog and wiki, then the self-promotions won't affect these forums, and you won't have to deal with the "spam." See sig.
I'm glad you mentioned that, I just hope those heavily into UGC will use it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Solok
Hah and just think of all the possibly awesome missions you will miss due to close mindedness.
Yes because every person who sends mass spams will have an awesome mission. Willing to bet that 95% percent of the mass spammers will have missions that are garbage to everyone but them. If they are that good, then the rating system should push them up in the queue and they will get played.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrasMordecai
Yes because every person who sends mass spams will have an awesome mission. Willing to bet that 95% percent of the mass spammers will have missions that are garbage to everyone but them. If they are that good, then the rating system should push them up in the queue and they will get played.
I like to keep an open mind with regards to creative content. Not that I disagree with what you said, but I believe blanket statements like OP are not the sort of attitude we should have with regards to the foundry.

Thank you.

Oh and I'll throw in a little smiley face to convey how awesome I am, as you did.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-24-2010, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curs0r View Post
Just getting prepared for the flood of requests that the Foundry open beta will be bringing us. So there it is, up front, no I will not, so don't ask.
That's NUTS!

P.S. Good points made by Kirkfat and SP3CTREnyc.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curs0r View Post
Just getting prepared for the flood of requests that the Foundry open beta will be bringing us. So there it is, up front, no I will not, so don't ask.
Will you try out my mission? PLZZZ?:p
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-24-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam
So wait, are you just not going to try missions that are spammed at you, or none at all?
Think he meant that he will just not try missions that are spammed to him, doubt he's intending to convey that he will refuse doing foundry missions period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Solok
Oh and I'll throw in a little smiley face to convey how awesome I am, as you did.
Get off your high horse.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrasMordecai
Think he meant that he will just not try missions that are spammed to him, doubt he's intending to convey that he will refuse doing foundry missions period..
No, spoke to him on the TTS channel, he's not interested in reviewing any authored missions or authoring any missions either and every player has this option, they are entitled to choose this option if they wish to.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-24-2010, 10:49 AM
if advise a game wide chat channel for UGC missions for people to promote their stuff.

dont want to hear it then turn the channel to off in the options.

of course that wont stop people spamming normal zone chat but at least most people will use the right one.

Also a dedicated section to UGC mission advertising only.