Lt. Commander
Seriously, how is it that this has been a problem since beta? Fix the planet graphics so none of them use models that are too bright to look at. It's one thing if the atmosphere or whatever is a bit reflective and bright, but it's another when it looks like you're flying into a sun and can't even see your ship against the star-bright planet.

What makes it worse is even the less blinding bright planets are reflecting more light than the local star is putting out. Ouch!
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-24-2010, 05:49 PM
Try turning down your bloom intensity.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-24-2010, 05:54 PM
i just assumed they were gas giants.

beaming down to one, though; that's ridiculous. i was even like "no way they-d make me beam down to a- you're kidding me, right?" for a time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-25-2010, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainu
Try turning down your bloom intensity.
It's not about trying to find workarounds. It's about what appears to be a bug in the way the missions (primarily exploration cluster missions) choose the planet graphics. It's always been like this and it doesn't need to be. If there's a planet you need to fly toward, make sure it can't grab graphics for a star, or a gas giant either, for that matter.

Worrying about minor window lighting mistakes on a starship is a lot more nit-picky than this, so why can't it just get done?