Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
Recently i have been leveling my klingon and one thing that has struck me. It is apparent that klingons does not have a equivalent to the federation diplomatic corps yet but honestly i dont really want a klingon diplomatic corp either...it just dosen't feel right either. Then i had an idea. What if the klings could have The Order Of Kahless where you could advance through PvP and the revamped Pi- Canis raids etc with the same kind of rewards the feds have with the dip corp. Maby something like this:

Rank 1: Honorary - Reward: Transwarp to someplace annoying to fly to
Rank 2: Swordmaster - Reward: Same as above
Rank 3: War Lord (Homage to Captain Kruge from St3) - Reward: Transwarp as above and the ability Battle Songs (Warp speed buff applied to lower lvl kdf players and minor timed dmg buff)
Rank 4: Dahar Master - Reward: Dahar master coat uniform with option to show rank sash underneat and rank insignias on the coat + Warrigul attack pet...ofc balanced dmg wise for not being a "timed" pet like the addult horta. Imo i really dont want federation officers as a reward... they smell of weakness

To be honest i think this could easily be doable since most assets are in the game already both graphicly and codewise.

Qapla'

What do you guys think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-30-2011, 12:52 PM
Klinks have a Maruarder thingy comming which is their equivalant of the fed corps.. no idea when it'll arrive.. still a good idea though

I threw up a idea for a fed and klink ground sub class thing

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=226236
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-30-2011, 12:55 PM
I read awhile back that the Klingons were supposed to have some sort of conquest system that was opposite the diplomacy system. Claiming worlds for the empire, first contacts that start with "Join us or die" dialogue, etc. But I guess that...didn't happen? I haven't kept tabs on it so I don't know for sure.

But what you propose here looks great.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-30-2011, 01:04 PM
What i was thinking was also that Worf could be used as the quest dude for this idea...so sad that such an important character just sits on a bench on Qo'noS doing nothing all day save handeling a few captain lvl quests
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-30-2011, 01:24 PM
Diplomacy and Marauding has been integrated into the Duty Officer system. I think that each of the categories like Medicine, Espionage, etc. should have missions just like the Diplomatic missions.

Klingon Diplomats negotiate with their disruptors not fancy words.

Although Marauders will still get the same rewards that Diplomats get like access to Sirius Sector and Bridge Officers from the enemy faction. Although I think that Marauders get the wrong side of the deal. Diplomats can get Gorns or Orions while what does Marauders get? Vulcans are too logical to fit on a Klingon ship. Pakleds and Tellarites look like their faces have been mangled. Ferengi are too cowardly. The others can be made through the alien creator. It is a fact that Klingons have the better races.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-30-2011, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Diplomacy and Marauding has been integrated into the Duty Officer system. I think that each of the categories like Medicine, Espionage, etc. should have missions just like the Diplomatic missions.

Klingon Diplomats negotiate with their disruptors not fancy words.

Although Marauders will still get the same rewards that Diplomats get like access to Sirius Sector and Bridge Officers from the enemy faction. Although I think that Marauders get the wrong side of the deal. Diplomats can get Gorns or Orions while what does Marauders get? Vulcans are too logical to fit on a Klingon ship. Pakleds and Tellarites look like their faces have been mangled. Ferengi are too cowardly. The others can be made through the alien creator. It is a fact that Klingons have the better races.
Bajoran,Human,Andorian... uhmm... Trill ?
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-30-2011, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
Bajoran,Human,Andorian... uhmm... Trill ?
Only one that doesn't appear to be able to duplicate through the alien generator is Bajoran, but just due to their unique earrings. I can make Human, Andorian, Trill, Vulcan, Benzite, Saurian, and Betazoid very easily. Pakled, Bolian, Rigelian, Bajoran, and Tellarite don't seem to be possible, but the only ones that don't look mangled are Bajoran and Bolian, but I can make a Bajoran that renounced their culture. If I can make a Boff through the alien generator, then there is not much point in getting it through the Marauder system unless the race specific traits are good. I could create a Vulcan through the alien generator, but if my KDF officer wants Mind Meld on their Vulcan Boff, then it has to be through the Marauder system.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Oh yes, we all know that Klingons are just violent brainless brutes that just want to kill things.
There are absolutely no Klingon Diplomacts or concept of diplomacyfor the Klingon empire.

Yeah.... sure...

Its funny how so many people really do not understand Klingon society at all.
Klingon diplomacy is not about killing or threatening to kill those you negotiate with.
Klingon diplomacy i imagine is a battle of wits, all about doing whatever must be done to sign a treaty that is of the greatest benefit for the empire.

I suggest you people watch the DS9 episode "Rules of Engagement"
Its not klingon diplomats, but it involves a Klingon lawyer that is trying to get Worf extradited to the empire for a crime he was framed for.

Nonetheless it gives a very good perspective of the mentality Klingons have in non-combat professions.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-30-2011, 05:43 PM
No Klingons are not violent brainless brutes but on the other hand they do find their identity in the honor gained from battle as well as social and cultural identity. For example the only reason the Federation/klingon conflicts had a diplomatic ending with the Khitomer Accords in 2293 was because of the Praxis incident making it impossible for the klingons to maintain such a high military budget at the time. Also The reason Gowron wanted to invade the weakened cardassian empire was to unite a increasingly fractured klingon empire without the glory of war for ages. To summ up as i see it klingons would always seek the glory of battle if possible unless it is not to their advantage. Therefore i personally find it would be a greater idea to have something else to reflect that instead of a direct copy of the FED diplomatic corps
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-30-2011, 06:05 PM
I think Klingons have to make everything a battle. A battle against poor taste for tailors. A battle against weeds for farmers. A battle against thirst and sobriety for bartenders. KDF officers have actual battles so they are limited to battles of politics and warfare. To negotiate with Feds in a civilized manner is a less prestigious form of battle and better left to others. So if KDF officers are to negotiate with other races, then it would be from a position of strength rather than compromise. So in other words, Klingon Diplomats negotiate with disruptors (position of strength) not fancy words (compromise).