Lt. Commander
# 1 discharging a ship ?
11-24-2010, 07:48 PM
hey guys

how does this work ?

Do I get my money back ?

As I did not realise I could pick only one T5 crusier when I got to admiral, so hence, I want to give up my sovereign in favor of an excelsior refit....

Cheers
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Don't worry about it. When you reach Rear Admiral Upper Half you get another free ship. If you really can't wait, just buy what you want with energy credits. Ships really aren't that expensive.

To answer your question, I don't think you get money back. You can discharge a ship at Earth Space Dock by speaking with the guy who lets you select one of the ships you already own. Just speak with him, choose the ship you want, then click discharge.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-24-2010, 08:52 PM
You do not get any money back. Also, make sure that you strip the ship of anything you wish to keep (weapons, devices, etc) as they will all be lost if you discharge the ship while they are still attached to it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
Don't worry about it. When you reach Rear Admiral Upper Half you get another free ship. If you really can't wait, just buy what you want with energy credits. Ships really aren't that expensive.

To answer your question, I don't think you get money back. You can discharge a ship at Earth Space Dock by speaking with the guy who lets you select one of the ships you already own. Just speak with him, choose the ship you want, then click discharge.
so I can buy an escelsior, while still having a sovereign ? once I get to upper half ?

also when I try to buy the excelsior at my current rank lower half, it says "unable to buy"

is this cos I already have a sovereign ?

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Jon_George View Post
so I can buy an escelsior, while still having a sovereign ? once I get to upper half ?

also when I try to buy the excelsior at my current rank lower half, it says "unable to buy"

Thanks
Do you have an available and empty Ship Slot on that character? If not, it won't let you purchase a ship until you do.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-24-2010, 10:13 PM
Quote:

Thanks
Yes you can buy the excelsior while still having the sovereign.

The excelsior may be a Vice Admiral ship which is why you can't purchase it. Perhaps you don't have enough money either. Check the type of currency for the excelsior, it might be Emblems and not Energy Credits. Some ships can only be purchased with Emblems.

In any case, if you wait you should be able to purchase the excelsior at either upper half or vice admiral.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-24-2010, 11:58 PM
thanks

I have like 3 empty ship slots

also I am pretty sure when looking on ESD tier 5 ship database that the excelsior said "Lower admiral"

hmmm,

and it is energy credits in the store ?
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-25-2010, 12:01 AM
Unless you are really in love with the Miranda, and you're out of ship slots... why not go ahead and discharge that bucket of bolts. Don't worry, Starfleet doesn't need them anymore anyway. They're cannon fodder ships that they don't even want to send new recruits out into.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-25-2010, 01:30 AM
been looking around the forums

can anyone confirm the "8 ship limit" ? (as in the store, I can still highlight, and buy lower tier ships ? but not excelsior)
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-25-2010, 06:33 AM
Quote:
been looking around the forums

can anyone confirm the "8 ship limit" ? (as in the store, I can still highlight, and buy lower tier ships ? but not excelsior)
I have 8 ships, never bought an additional ship slot through the C-Store. I don't know if it is the limit, but you can have that many.

Are you sure the excelsior is being sold for energy credits? If it is, do you have enough? I'll check in game as soon as I get a chance.