Lt. Commander
# 61
12-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager235 View Post
Ok, i am going to make this clear and simple for those who play on the klingon side...SHUT UP ABOUT the Federation not need a carrier or battleship im tired of all of the crap you klingon people are whining about the federation does not need a carrier or battleship so SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!we would like a battleship to make it even against the klingons carrier....ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ma d:
I'm just the messenger, the Devs have repeatedly stated that they don't think the KDF Carriers are overpowered, so they're not going to do anything to buff the Federation, as there's no need. I just happen to agree with them.

You might not be able to beat a KDF Carrier, but that doesn't mean the KDF Carrier is overpowered, it more likely means your build, skills, or tactics simply aren't good enough. The way you play the game is the first thing you should try changing, not the KDF/Fed ship balance.

Read this, and this, and you'll get some idea of what I'm talking about.

I'm trying to help you beat Carriers. If you'd rather wallow in self-pity and ignorance (ignorance as in, to be unaware), then your inability to handle Carriers is your own fault, not a problem with the game balance.
Lt. Commander
# 62
12-01-2010, 04:14 PM
For a fed battle ship, I maybe see this.

You have 2 "side weapon" slots, You can mount dual canons, dual beams, dual heavy cannons or single beams into these slots. These slots mirror for both sides, unlike the front and rear slots (that is you equip one weapon for both sides), and these slots give the weapons a 120 degree firing arc. The cannons would also get a slight boost to their optimum range and a slight decrease to their damage, but still have higher DPS than dual beams.

You then have 2 front and 2 rear slots, you can place dual beams, single beams, turrets or torpedoes here. They work like normal weapon slots.

The ship would be large, have a good set of tactical and engineering BO seats and cruiser hull and science ship shields but horrendous handling. It would also have a special form of innate tractor beam that would draw the target to the ship's side firing arc and poor science support.

I imagine a large ship, something with an integrated saucer and hull design with 4 turrets sunk into alcoves along each ship's side, 2 top and bottom, and it's warp nacelle mounted vertically, one top one bottom, but not on long pylons, perhaps the top nacelle integrated into the ship's spine and the other one on a short strut below the main hull.

The ship would be large and imposing, with the armor to back up it's size and lack of speed and bring devastating broad sides to bare.

Thoughts?