Lt. Commander
# 11
11-25-2010, 11:25 AM
A lot of the AFKers are there.. but they make amusing escuses as to why they're not fighting.. the main one being..

Randon fed noob "Whats the point? they have loads of carriers?!?!!?"

Other fed noob "I'm not fighting against pets!"
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb74
No it isnt, hence why a lot of people dont want to play. They feel its a waste of time.
They they shouldn't queue and AFK. If it's a waste of time, sitting around idle in a PvP map is even more a waste of time. To them and to their fellow players.

There is no excuse for intentionally AFKing. People that do that should not be removed from PvP, they should probably even be removed from the entire game. They are not contributing to the community of players, and with an attitude like that, they are prone to hurt people in other areas, too.

I guess the best thing to do for now is using the in-game report functions. If you see something intentionally AFKing and he even confirms it in chat, file a GM ticket or something like that. They can just check the log to verify it.

Maybe if this happens often enough, the Devs will actively work at a counter-measure to this.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb74
No it isnt, hence why a lot of people dont want to play. They feel its a waste of time. Whether you agree or not is irrelevant, Its how THEY feel. Alot of feds have given up playing arena and in Capture and Hold, they play for the combat rather than for the win.

I agree that something should be done about people who dont attempt to play, but dont dismiss the reasons why they wont as unimportant.

I agree. I dont see the point in qeueing up then doing nothing, unless the enemy is spawn camping then I cant be arsed. Whats the point in getting emblems if your not actually going to do anything anyway ?

Please stay on topic as I outlined in the original post.
We're not debating Balance here, there a millions of other threads on that.

We are discussing the impact on AFKers/Non-contributors and how to deal with them.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-25-2010, 01:07 PM
I agree, report them in game for griefing. After all they taking the place someone that wants to play could have used.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-25-2010, 01:45 PM
thank you STO
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-25-2010, 01:51 PM
thank you STO
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-25-2010, 01:56 PM
thank you STO
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janko

2. If possible, look at coming up with a figure which would be the minimum required Damage and/or Healing based on the Team averages (from players with scores higher than say 20,000 in either), and only players meeting this requirement would receive credit for the match.
Basically, if you say you need to get 25% of your Team's Damage/Healing, and the average healing done was 100,000 and average damage was 200,000, then one would need to get 25,000 healing or 50,000 damage in order to receive credit for the match.

Try to keep the feedback constructive, and stay on topic.

This thread is NOT for discussing Balance between Factions.
In arena yeah, but in cap n hold I disagree with that simply because you can win that without fighting so half the team might be keeping the opposition distracted while the player who never engages in battle captures the points...they'd not get emblems under this system despite being pivotal to winning.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksun3452
i am not sure who started calling this stuff "griefing", but it's not, and you all have no idea what "griefing" is.

and dude,
really your enjoyment of the game?
This is a multiplayer game. Of course the actions of other players change my experience and thus my enjoyment of the game.
If they wouldn't there was no point to have an MMO.

People that disrupt games are bad. It's nice to finally see an apologist that claims AFKing is just fine. Unfortunately, you don't bring any arguments for it, which is no surprise to me.

Arguing about the "history" of the game is ridicilous. The devs have barely done things around the PvP game system itself - the only major change where the PvP Queues. It is no surprise that they haven't created a solution to the AFK problem yet. That doesn't meant they don't see it as an issue.
Tricorders didn't pick up destructable objects for a long time, making them useless in Klingon Exploration missions. Does this mean the devs didn't care about that and didn't intend to follow up on the complaints about it - the history of the game would have suggested so. Until a week ago, where the tech was made available for testing on Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-25-2010, 02:34 PM
thank you STO