Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
11-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksun3452
but it is the histroy of this game as you pointed out there.,
im sure somewhere in the Eula there is the wonderfull line,
"Game Experience May Change During Online Play",
wich covers most things you people think needs to be
done for your enjoyment.
Suggesting they pull the emblem reward for PvP is hardly only for the enjoyment of those that enjoy PvP. I doubt very much its all that fun sitting at a star base waiting for others to play your game for you? I could be wrong I guess. lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
11-25-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
They they shouldn't queue and AFK. If it's a waste of time, sitting around idle in a PvP map is even more a waste of time. To them and to their fellow players.
Unfortunately the people who created the game decided to make end game equipment accessible through limited means. So these people are going to queue up for those emblems. You could remove them from the game as you pointed out but how about fixing the problems with PvP instead. Just because you find PvP ok, doesnt mean everyone does, and as we've seen from the amount of threads on the subject, a lot of people dont.

Quote:
Please stay on topic as I outlined in the original post.
It is on topic. As far as im concerned its at the very heart of it. People coming into pvp and not bothering to play because they dont see any chance of a fair game. They feel forced to be their so they can get emblems but dont see why they should bother playing a gain they believe they will automatically lose.

Unfortunately you guys want to cut the head off to cure the cold.

Address the reasons why people dont want to play and the game will be better for it. Punish people for it and the game will just lose more players and ultimately fail.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
11-25-2010, 01:57 PM
thank you STO
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
11-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksun3452
*angrily mashes face across keyboard*
The people who queue up PVP to PVP are the reason things are messed up? You think that removing the rewards to punish AFKers will ruin PVP because then no one will queue up? Are you even paying attention to the garbage you are typing? Newsflash, sunshine, AFKers don't contribute so if they stopped queuing people wouldn't even notice. They merely waste space that could be better filled by anyone else who is there to play the game.

I don't mean to be mean, but honestly, get a clue.

People who work at PvP, whether in a fleet or a pick up group, only make it better. They make it challenging and fun in a way that PvE never will. Get rid of the AFKers and butt hurt folks like you and PVP will be that much better for it. There are plenty of ways to spend your time and earn your emblems to acquire whatever gear you want. No one forces anyone into PVP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
11-25-2010, 02:56 PM
I enjoy PVP but i'll be honest i have from time to time been guilty of this. Not intentionally but due to the fact i only get to play on night shifts at work and if the phone rings i must answer it, I always get back to my team as quickly as possable and always post a message letting my team know i'm afk breifly. I even set up a quick message button for this reason.

I agree that people who do this on purpose should be punished all i ask is people remember not everyone is just doing it for a free emblem. Sometimes things come up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
11-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb74
It is on topic. As far as im concerned its at the very heart of it. People coming into pvp and not bothering to play because they dont see any chance of a fair game. They feel forced to be their so they can get emblems but dont see why they should bother playing a gain they believe they will automatically lose.

Unfortunately you guys want to cut the head off to cure the cold.

Address the reasons why people dont want to play and the game will be better for it. Punish people for it and the game will just lose more players and ultimately fail.
No, it's not on topic.

Your issue is pitting player skill vs player skill, and that can never be balanced with the current design features of the game in its current state, so please post elsewhere on that.

THIS topic is about dealing with AFK/Non-contributing players in PvP matches.
If I was to sum up everything you keep talking about, and turn it in to something constructive, then YOU should have written something like this:

Have Emblems for PvP, and ones for PvE (relates to your comment on the "limited means" by which items are available)

Bring in some kind of ranking system to balance player skill levels.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
11-25-2010, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peewee28 View Post
I enjoy PVP but i'll be honest i have from time to time been guilty of this. Not intentionally but due to the fact i only get to play on night shifts at work and if the phone rings i must answer it, I always get back to my team as quickly as possable and always post a message letting my team know i'm afk breifly. I even set up a quick message button for this reason.

I agree that people who do this on purpose should be punished all i ask is people remember not everyone is just doing it for a free emblem. Sometimes things come up.
Completely agree.

I know in my original post (which I'll edit in a minute) I wrote a 24hr ban, but this could obviously set lower, say 15-30 minutes or something (similar to Transwarp cool down, and how it is counted by logged in time not offline time).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
11-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Quote:
THIS topic is about dealing with AFK/Non-contributing players in PvP matches.
Oh for crying out loud. Are you american?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
11-25-2010, 06:50 PM
thank you STO
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
11-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb74
Oh for crying out loud. Are you american?
just out of curiosity, what in the hell does that have to do with anything?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:58 PM.