Lt. Commander
# 11
11-25-2010, 02:18 PM
How funny, I was thinking about this thread before today, and about how you said you where going to update it.

Really good job, anyways!
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-26-2010, 07:48 AM
Thanks Alecto, good work, as usual. I followed over from the old thread and now I'm /Subscribed +1.

Lt. Commander
# 13
11-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Thanks Alecto, good work
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-30-2010, 02:12 PM
I found this in your sig, and I like it so far.
Career Officer
# 15
07-10-2014, 06:34 PM
CSV = Cannon: Scatter Volley
Republic Veteran
# 16
07-11-2014, 12:01 AM
Nice list ... though it's a bit to literal in some cases, and a bit "proper" in others ... Some suggested additions ...

PvE: Player versus Enemy.

PvP: Player versus Player.

F2P: Free to Play.

P2W: Pay to win.

Toon: The player character you use in game.

Alt: A second or third etc. Character that you don't use as often.

Main: Main Character that you use regularly, generally used to describe the character that has the most gear/resources/money/highest skills etc.

Spam: Can be used to describe any large amount of on screen effects, or items, such as "FAW Spam" describing multiple ships using this power. Or "Torp Spam" for multiple Torpedos. Can also be used to describe low level enemy ships in certain larger zones.

Pets: Any Ship or Fighter than can be equipped into a ships Hangar. Also used to describe the AI controlled component of ships that "split" such as the Galaxy-X or the Haakona Warbird

DoFF, DOFF: Duty Officers

BFAW, FAW: Beam Fire at will (the more common used, abbreviated version)

BO: Beam overload (the more common used, abbreviated version)

HYT: High Yield Torpedo (the revers of the one you posted, usually refering to the warhead, rather than the Bridge Officer ability)

Torps: Torpedo's

ESTF: Used for pretty much any Elite difficulty PvE queued Team map

BZ: Battle Zone (usually prefixed with Voth or Dyson for ground and Undine for Space)

Tac: Tactical Captain/Officer

Engi: Engineering Captain/Officer

Sci: Science Captain/Officer

Fed: Federation/Federation Faction character/player
Klink: Klingon or KDF Faction character/player
Rom/Rommie: Romulan or Romulan Faction character/player

Romfed / Romklink: Either a Federation Aligned Romulan character/player or a KDF Aligned Romulan character/player

NM: Never Mind

NP: No problem

Vape: vapourize (frequebtly used in relation to PvP)

Tard: Derogatory term or Insult (as in "Scimitard" or someone who fly's a Scimitar Dreadnought badly)

BoA: Bound to account.
Please ... Make it so ...!
Captain
# 17
07-11-2014, 12:20 AM
PVE most of the time refers to Player vs. Environment (usually referring to missions you can queue for through the PVE window).
ESTF (Elite Special Task Force) are Elite Borg STF missions that provide Omega marks.
EPVE refers to any of the PVE (aside from STFs) that are elite.

(EDIT) Also, the term tard is short for the derogatory, and insulting term retarded, which refers to ones with less mental abilities. It has been used with the name of Scimitars to insult the pilots of them for different reasons. Sometimes it is used to insult pilots of Scimitars that make mistakes, or have trouble flying them. However, it is also used to insult Scimitar pilots that upset others that don't like the Scimitars getting higher DPS that they cannot get, or just because the Scimitar pilots didn't do what they wanted them to.
Let me make sure I understand this. You write a childish, whining post about the OP's comment being childish and whining, and expect to be taken seriously?

Riiiiight.

Last edited by razar2380; 07-11-2014 at 12:37 AM.
Career Officer
# 18
07-11-2014, 12:33 AM
Missed a science ground.
Exothermic induction. Many ground pvpers refer to it as pyro.
Star Trek Online, where the developers think it is alright to play a game with a FPS rate of 10 or worse. Blame it on the players system that ran just fine before Season Nine.
Ryche of Hammer Squadron
Republic Veteran
# 19
07-11-2014, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razar2380 View Post
PVE most of the time refers to Player vs. Environment (usually referring to missions you can queue for through the PVE window).
Whilst that may be what it technically means, in these forums, it's more a generic term used to describe and Player vs Game or Player vs A.I. content = Player vs Enemy as opposed to Player vs Player

Quote:
ESTF (Elite Special Task Force) are Elite Borg STF missions that provide Omega marks.
Again, technically correct, but in the forums, the terms STF and ESTF are more commonly used to refer to any of the missions revolving around the collecting of all Reputation Marks not just Omega

Quote:
EPVE refers to any of the PVE (aside from STFs) that are elite.
This is one acronym I have never actually read on the forums, though it may exist, it certainly is not in common usage, which I thought was the whole point of this list?
Please ... Make it so ...!
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-11-2014, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post;3184011[*
Noob / Nub: New Player Unfamiliar with Protocols (bad version).
Generally noob doesn't always mean new player, hence why we have two words, newb and noob, with newb meaning a new player that hasn't learnt something yet and noob meaning any player who does something stupid when they should know better.