Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
-Will it be possible to share custom missions outside of the approval process? For instance, I end up making a replica of the shareware Doom's maps as a test. Could friends and fleet mates play it?

-How will you stop the "Repercussions of Evil" effect. That is to say, the whole mission is one large joke that ends with the frustrated player being told "NO, [rank] [playername], You ARE the Borg!"


.......And then [playername] was a robot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
11-26-2010, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgh View Post
That is to say, the whole mission is one large joke that ends with the frustrated player being told "NO, [rank] [playername], You ARE the Borg!"


.......And then [playername] was a robot.
Damn it, you figured out my mission idea.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
11-26-2010, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgh View Post
-Will it be possible to share custom missions outside of the approval process? For instance, I end up making a replica of the shareware Doom's maps as a test. Could friends and fleet mates play it?
Since Cryptic has declared at every possible opportunity that the Foundry is not a modding tool and if I recall correctly we're not going to be able to import additional textures, models or assets, making a replica of a Doom map as a test seems unlikely. I may be wrong though and people could get very creative.

I think your question is better re-phrased as: "Will my friends be able to play-test my missions even if my missions aren't published yet?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgh View Post
-How will you stop the "Repercussions of Evil" effect. That is to say, the whole mission is one large joke that ends with the frustrated player being told "NO, [rank] [playername], You ARE the Borg!"

.......And then [playername] was a robot.
From what I understand, there's going to be a rating system and if you make a mission that frustrates players, the idea is that frustrated players can give your mission a low rating which in turn means other missions will be offered to players searching for Foundry-made missions before your offending one comes up on the list. I don't think Cryptic is going to be able to monitor our missions directly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
11-26-2010, 06:56 AM
I think this is true. It ought to be possible for players to collaborate on a UGC mission. Sharing unapproved content would appear to be the only way to do that.

EB
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
11-26-2010, 07:26 AM
Wouldn't people be able to share missions after the content is published by simply teaming up before starting a mission?? Maybe I'm missing the point here...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
11-26-2010, 02:34 PM
i'm not sure but i think one of the devs mentioned that you will be able to 'invite' players to play you mission, (which got the ppl with no life ranting about spammers) but i think you will be able to share missions with friends b4 they are approved.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:06 AM.