Lt. Commander
-Will it be possible to share custom missions outside of the approval process? For instance, I end up making a replica of the shareware Doom's maps as a test. Could friends and fleet mates play it?

-How will you stop the "Repercussions of Evil" effect. That is to say, the whole mission is one large joke that ends with the frustrated player being told "NO, [rank] [playername], You ARE the Borg!"

.......And then [playername] was a robot.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-26-2010, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgh View Post
That is to say, the whole mission is one large joke that ends with the frustrated player being told "NO, [rank] [playername], You ARE the Borg!"

Damn it, you figured out my mission idea.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-26-2010, 06:20 AM
Quote:
-Will it be possible to share custom missions outside of the approval process? For instance, I end up making a replica of the shareware Doom's maps as a test. Could friends and fleet mates play it?
Since Cryptic has declared at every possible opportunity that the Foundry is not a modding tool and if I recall correctly we're not going to be able to import additional textures, models or assets, making a replica of a Doom map as a test seems unlikely. I may be wrong though and people could get very creative.

I think your question is better re-phrased as: "Will my friends be able to play-test my missions even if my missions aren't published yet?"

Quote:
-How will you stop the "Repercussions of Evil" effect. That is to say, the whole mission is one large joke that ends with the frustrated player being told "NO, [rank] [playername], You ARE the Borg!"

From what I understand, there's going to be a rating system and if you make a mission that frustrates players, the idea is that frustrated players can give your mission a low rating which in turn means other missions will be offered to players searching for Foundry-made missions before your offending one comes up on the list. I don't think Cryptic is going to be able to monitor our missions directly.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-26-2010, 06:56 AM
I think this is true. It ought to be possible for players to collaborate on a UGC mission. Sharing unapproved content would appear to be the only way to do that.

EB
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-26-2010, 07:26 AM
Wouldn't people be able to share missions after the content is published by simply teaming up before starting a mission?? Maybe I'm missing the point here...
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-26-2010, 02:34 PM
i'm not sure but i think one of the devs mentioned that you will be able to 'invite' players to play you mission, (which got the ppl with no life ranting about spammers) but i think you will be able to share missions with friends b4 they are approved.