Lt. Commander
# 1 HUD Layout
11-25-2010, 01:05 PM
Is it possible to have three rows showing on the Big Personal Tray and still have your Bridge Crew row showing as well? Every time I turn on the Big Personal Tray, my Bridge Crew disappear. It makes no difference where I move them to on the screen, they are just not showing. Any help?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-25-2010, 01:11 PM
If you mean something like this, then look here.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Yes, but..
11-25-2010, 09:00 PM
That is exactly what I mean - thanks! However, when I try to add and execute the keybind command that you listed in one of the comments, it tells me that it is an unknown command. Any help with that? But, yes, it looks great!

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-25-2010, 09:04 PM
I know that for me, when I added the weapons tray, it was a bit odd getting it to bind at first for some reason. On my main, it took a couple of tries for some reason, but now when I bind it on alts, it goes first try. Just keep trying, and it should stick eventually.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamlet1041 View Post
That is exactly what I mean - thanks! However, when I try to add and execute the keybind command that you listed in one of the comments, it tells me that it is an unknown command. Any help with that? But, yes, it looks great!

Thanks!
I just checked it with STO's current Holodeck build. What seems to be broken is the bind. The two commands: /GenJailAdd Hud_bridgecrew_trays_root and /GenJailAdd Hud_weapons_root work just fine by themselves when issued in sequence. The bind however when entered as such: /bind B GenJailAdd Hud_bridgecrew_trays_root$$GenJailAdd Hud_weapons_root also works, but perform only the first part of the keybind leaving the weapons tray invisible. I think that Cryptic has, deliberately or by mistake, disabled the GenJailAdd command from working in conjunction with the $$ token that is used to instruct STO to invoke several commands in sequence.

I assume it should be possible to bind things like this:
  • /bind Control+B GenJailAdd Hud_bridgecrew_trays_root
  • /bind Alt+B GenJailAdd Hud_weapons_root
and by using Ctrl-B and Alt-B simulate what once was doable with one keybind.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Nailed it!
11-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Yep, it works! Thanks again...
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-25-2010, 10:17 PM
Awesome, glad to have helped.

P.S. It wasn't me who found those commands originally though... thank the creator of sto-advanced
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamlet1041 View Post

Thanks!
this is just my own personal setting
i set it to the ' button next to the Enter key

/bind ' "genjailadd Hud_bridgecrew_trays_root$$genjailadd Hud_weapons_root" if that helps ya some

alternatively i edited it down a bit and use to just keep a text document up with the following for cut and paste

/genjailadd Hud_bridgecrew_trays_root$$genjailadd Hud_weapons_root
but if you set it in a binding you have to put quotes around the command

and fyi i had the same problem getting it to work until i realised it needed the quotes around it
would have rather had assigned it to a keypad key but i never figured out the combination for how to get it to bind