Lt. Commander
Ok, I've heard people say that the proc for Plasma and Tetryon doesn't scale and I've noticed this myself as well.

At the same time, a phaser or disrupter's effect doesn't increase with level. But 5% extra damage from a disrupter breach is always 5%, weather your star cruiser has 40k hull or your Miranda has 25k hull.

Obviously, Plasma and Tetryon are the two most underrated procs as it stands, their procs deal extra damage, either instantly or over time and do not scale, loosing their effectiveness around Capitan rank, some might argue sooner.

I suggest that we sit down and consider allowing the damage from tetryon and plasma weapons scale. Perhaps it could be based on the weapon banks actual damage, scaling with weapon power, but that could be too over powered. I suggest their damage simply get's a boost with each level.

Now another thought I've had is that training in a weapon skill might increase the proc rate for that weapon, say to a total of a 4% chance with 9 ranks, up from 2.5%.

And a final thought, using HYT and Torpedo Spread with plasma and croniton guarantees the proc will it, so I was wondering if perhaps beam over load should also guarantees a proc effect?

what are people's thoughts on these matters?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-24-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso

Now another thought I've had is that training in a weapon skill might increase the proc rate for that weapon, say to a total of a 4% chance with 9 ranks, up from 2.5%.
I like this idea.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I like this idea.
I've had this idea for a while now, the thing is you don't want the game to turn into a proc battle, yet you still want the weapons you choose and their proc effects to have an impact on your combat style and how the enemy reacts to them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-02-2010, 12:55 PM
I know that season 3 is around the corner, I'd like at least for the devs to consider looking into updating the the plasma and tetryon procs to scale up with weapon damage or at least with the weapon's rank.

The rest of my ideas, are just that, ideas, me thinking out loud in text form.