Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Give Gold members some love
02-07-2012, 05:42 AM
Hi,

right now i see now real use in a gold sub.
Could u please raise the C-Point stipend by maybe 100 or 200 cpoints and in addition let gold subs reskill their captains as often as they want.. or something like this.. maybe a little dilithium or energy credits cost for every reskill.

This would make it attractive to get a gold sub and keep people to play ur game because playin around with differend skills, ships, weapons (beam boat, torp boat, mix) and min/max ur builds keeps the game interesting.

May also allow them to refine a little more dilithium than f2p guys are able to.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-07-2012, 06:27 AM
I agree.
Gold member should be allowed to refine much more dilithium per day. (maybe 20000 or 50000)
Additionally there should be at least one or two free respecs per month IMHO.

At the moment many players just don't see a reason to go from Silver to Gold. Personally the only reason to stay gold are my 7 Characters, otherwise i would have gone to silver.


Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-07-2012, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreodred
I agree.
Gold member should be allowed to refine much more dilithium per day. (maybe 20000 or 50000)
Additionally there should be at least one or two free respecs per month IMHO.

At the moment many players just don't see a reason to go from Silver to Gold. Personally the only reason to stay gold are my 7 Characters, otherwise i would have gone to silver.


Live long and prosper.

umm if you got the character slots unlock they still be unlock if your silver. You keep everything that been unlocked.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-07-2012, 07:00 AM
I agree that Gold members require some love.

A few ideas from me:
  1. Increase duty officer mission slots from 20 to 25(For duration of subscription, make it also purchaseable from c-store).
  2. Give a small multiplier to refined dilithium(25% extra when refining).
  3. Monthly respec token.
  4. Monthly ship-discount token(Exchangeable for a small amount of dilithium if possible).
  5. Ability to respect for Energy Credits
  6. C-Store discount.
  7. Decreased Dilithium costs(Considering they are bound to the business model).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Got to add to this. I pay three subs for me and my two kids, that's costing me 300 a year ($450) AND I spend a lot on C store. I see very little reason for me to maintain my gold membership now and I could really do with going to Silver and spending the money elsewhere. Other than priority login there seems to be little reason for staying as a gold member.

I would love to hear Cryptic's rationale behind the so called features or lack of feature matrix, there's so little difference for 9 a month.

So come on Cryptic, persuade me to keep paying you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-07-2012, 07:18 AM
Yeah I have VA character, and I came back for F2P, I'v noticed that I am not limited in anything at all, Credit limit? My credits always float around 1-2 million, who needs 1 billion cap raise for credits? I am not continuing my sub as soon as this one expires. THERE IS NO POINT.

400 criptic points a month?

So its like you give them some bucks they give you some back in the end of the month through a stipend? So you pay actually less bucks a month. Thats good but whats the point again? What am I exactly paying $ for in the first place, to get some of them back ?

I've never seen such a stupid subscription logic in an F2P before. F2P players are not limited in anything. You pay subsciption just for the sake of PAYING? Credit cap increase? Really, is that all you've been able to come up with? There is no incentive to pay for STO at this point. I've heard that subscribers get better chance of drops in Elites, thats pure BS. Nothing is better if you are a gold player.

Can someone enlighten me why should I pay for playing STO? I don't care about credit limit, I will never have 100 million credits anyway... So why then?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iozay
I agree that Gold members require some love.

A few ideas from me:
  1. Increase duty officer mission slots from 20 to 25(For duration of subscription, make it also purchaseable from c-store).
  2. Give a small multiplier to refined dilithium(25% extra when refining).
  3. Monthly respec token.
  4. Monthly ship-discount token(Exchangeable for a small amount of dilithium if possible).
  5. Ability to respect for Energy Credits
  6. C-Store discount.
  7. Decreased Dilithium costs(Considering they are bound to the business model).
Number 6 is a great idea, it would help attract more people to go gold, and those already gold would also find a incentive to spend more....i know i have been saving my c-points up waiting for a sale.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-07-2012, 07:41 AM
  • Dilithium Gain for Gold Members. Even it only a small amount say some where between 1% to 5% tie it to veteran rewards. So 100 days = 1%, 200 days = 2%, 300 = 3%, 400 days = 4%, 500 Days = 5%, 750 days = 7.5%, etc. with hard limit of say either 15% or 25%
  • FE special rewards (Breen Boff, Cane, Reman Boff) are available to Gold Member at all times. Silver only get them during the release window
  • Romulans and other faction begin free to gold but C-store unlocks for Silver members.
  • Discount on C-store purchases for Gold members, maybe tied to Veteran status, or just a flat Discount
  • Allow Gold members to us Dilthuim to unlock ship account wide where silver only unlocks them per character.
  • Abiltity to train any Bridge office in skill you rank up regardless of what you are. ie Tac Officer can train Gravity Well III on bridge officer if they have 9 points in skill. Silver can only train skill in there tree. (this would be similar to Champions Free Form)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-07-2012, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCO
  • Dilithium Gain for Gold Members. Even it only a small amount say some where between 1% to 5% tie it to veteran rewards. So 100 days = 1%, 200 days = 2%, 300 = 3%, 400 days = 4%, 500 Days = 5%, 750 days = 7.5%, etc. with hard limit of say either 15% or 25%
  • FE special rewards (Breen Boff, Cane, Reman Boff) are available to Gold Member at all times. Silver only get them during the release window
  • Romulans and other faction begin free to gold but C-store unlocks for Silver members.
  • Discount on C-store purchases for Gold members, maybe tied to Veteran status, or just a flat Discount
  • Allow Gold members to us Dilthuim to unlock ship account wide where silver only unlocks them per character.
  • Abiltity to train any Bridge office in skill you rank up regardless of what you are. ie Tac Officer can train Gravity Well III on bridge officer if they have 9 points in skill. Silver can only train skill in there tree. (this would be similar to Champions Free Form)
All good suggestions but still not enough. I already pay for most things on C store when they come out and 300 will get me an awful lot of C points.

I want to see access to Tier 6 ships for Gold members only, no possible way to buy on C Store this is for those who pay all the time and not F2Pers. Anything that allows the F2Pers to equal Gold by paying for something on C store for the equivalent of a coffee at Starbucks devalues my sub. There needs to be definite and distinct advantages of going or staying gold. So far I see none and going silver would save me a shed load of cash.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-07-2012, 07:54 AM
I would also like an "I win" button as well.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:33 AM.