Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
can we please reconsider this? there isnt much in game thats more annoying than the repeatitive and over used warp core breach. All ship breach within the same time, every ship kill is a breach...can we please make breaches a bit more "special" and rare? Can we get a report of an immenent breach when we are in range to take damage?
Can we have many ship kills that dont result in a breach? Can the time to breach be variable? Right now, its just feels to unimaginative and gamey/gimmicky.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
11-17-2010, 12:19 AM
It would be awesome to see a battered, fiery hulk of a ship you just killed drift around. I am a huge fan of explosions to be honest, nevertheless it would add some flavor to the battlefields especially in pvp.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
11-17-2010, 12:35 AM
why not? when you kill/disable a guy on the ground 9 times out of 10 he doesnt evaporate unless certain conditions are met. The same could apply to ships where they just fade out as hulking flaming chunks of twisted metal.....Oh I know! we could also have the bodies of the crew floating around in space.....bouncing off yer ship as you fly by....


Then you could use gravity well and watch those same bodies get sucked into the void!



Good idea......more ways to have your enemies die rather than the humane boom and yer gone....I like the cut of yer jib.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
11-17-2010, 12:54 AM
I would like to see at least 3 "death animations"

- The slow warp core breach we have now.
- Instant explosion. You inflict enough damage, the ship just blows up in one giant explosion, no "slow death" scene.
- Destroyed hulk. The ship is just a wreck (maybe some pieces fly off) and floats for a while. If for performance reasons we don't want to keep them around, just have them "fade out" (maybe at the speed of the usual respawn timer.)

Instant Explosion: Ships hit points were reduced by a single attack from at least 50 % hull to 0.
Warp Core Breach: Ships hit points were reduced by a single attack from 5-49 % to 0.
Destroyed Hulk: Ship hit points were reduced by a single attack from 0 to 5 % to 0.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
11-17-2010, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I would like to see at least 3 "death animations"

- The slow warp core breach we have now.
- Instant explosion. You inflict enough damage, the ship just blows up in one giant explosion, no "slow death" scene.
- Destroyed hulk. The ship is just a wreck (maybe some pieces fly off) and floats for a while. If for performance reasons we don't want to keep them around, just have them "fade out" (maybe at the speed of the usual respawn timer.)

Instant Explosion: Ships hit points were reduced by a single attack from at least 50 % hull to 0.
Warp Core Breach: Ships hit points were reduced by a single attack from 5-49 % to 0.
Destroyed Hulk: Ship hit points were reduced by a single attack from 0 to 5 % to 0.
Good Gravy man your a genius...this works too...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
11-17-2010, 03:39 PM
I like Mustrum Ridcully's idea, but I'd like to add an additional one; albeit I'm doubtful of it happening -

A multi-part explosion that sends chunks of the ship flying. The type of explosion that sort of ripples through a ship, before the whole thing goes up and say... a half a saucer section flies by one way, a nacelle another, etc...

But yeah, more options than just 'boom and they're dead' would be nice.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
11-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
why not? when you kill/disable a guy on the ground 9 times out of 10 he doesnt evaporate unless certain conditions are met. The same could apply to ships where they just fade out as hulking flaming chunks of twisted metal.....
Yeah, it should be more like a crit that the warp core explodes. Having said that, I'm sure when the antimatter containment (an integral part of any warp drive) fails, there is gonna be a big bang of sorts.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
11-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I would like to see at least 3 "death animations"

- The slow warp core breach we have now.
- Instant explosion. You inflict enough damage, the ship just blows up in one giant explosion, no "slow death" scene.
- Destroyed hulk. The ship is just a wreck (maybe some pieces fly off) and floats for a while. If for performance reasons we don't want to keep them around, just have them "fade out" (maybe at the speed of the usual respawn timer.)

Instant Explosion: Ships hit points were reduced by a single attack from at least 50 % hull to 0.
Warp Core Breach: Ships hit points were reduced by a single attack from 5-49 % to 0.
Destroyed Hulk: Ship hit points were reduced by a single attack from 0 to 5 % to 0.
Yep, this a great idea =]
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
11-17-2010, 04:54 PM
I never really spent much time thinking about it, but you guys are right, the floating hulk should be the way most ships are destroyed. In ST it was only rare that the warp core would breach and cause the ship to explode violently.

It would also be kind of cool to see escape pods ejecting from destroyed ships as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
11-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
It would also be kind of cool to see escape pods ejecting from destroyed ships as well.
As long as they bake the animations properly and don't just launch x number of extra physics objects out of every dying ship, each one illuminated by up to 5 dynamic lights, 3 of which can cast shadows at the same time.

Honestly, why? lol

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:21 AM.