Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
12-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
What are they other Klink players suppossed to be doing, while you attack the carrier pets?

Better questions;
Did you (as a team) decide on a anti-carrier tactic and assign roles for all team members to follow?
What is the rest of your team doing while you attack the carrier pets as the anti-pet eliminator?
even with anti- carrier tactics the moment you run into 4 or 5 of these things at a time, it just becomes impossible to control pets. I even had a couple of C&H games where there were 7 carriers...do you know much lag that causes with the pet spam, try going on pet control duty then, i kid you not there were enough pets in that map, a man could have hopped and jumped his way from the destroyed station to the shipyard in the C&H map.

I also remember from yesterday we had a tac trying to clear pet spam in our premade while we supported him and try to use AOE to thwart pets, BTW the tactical officer was no idiot either, he was member of TSI, but damn once they hit 4 carriers the amount of spam is just so much. And since the pets damage are so high on our hull, eg: my carrier's bops output on avg 5k hull dmg on enemy player ships. And given the rate at which they are spawned if not controlled it becomes notoriously hard to keep your tac's alive while trying to keep yourself alive.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
12-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerubian_Assasin1
even with anti- carrier tactics the moment you run into 4 or 5 of these things at a time, it just becomes impossible to control pets.
Of that I have no doubts, thats alot of NPC spam to have in one arena.

Quote:
I also remember from yesterday we had a tac trying to clear pet spam in our premade while we supported him and try to use AOE to thwart pets, BTW the tactical officer was no idiot either, he was member of TSI, .
Hence why less pets with better control capabilities and easy summoning.
I have no ideas on how to fight against multiple carriers much like I find it difficult to fight all Cruiser teams or all escort teams as its next to impossible to out damage the cruiser heals without a premade set-up team and its next to impossible to destroy enough escorts while taking damage from the other four.
Its the bonus of a "all ship team" that is played to its strengths. Carriers can spam pets and support each other. Cruisers can fedball and cross heal each other while focus firing and Escorts can focus fire and evade while in combat. The only difference being the pets cause lag and targeting issues, which are hard to overcome ingame. Fix the pets.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
12-03-2010, 09:31 PM
How may I kill pets, let me count the ways:

Eject Warp Plasma
Cannon Scatter Volley
Transphasic cluster torps
Beam Fire At Will....
General Mines in general!
Gravity Well!
Photonic Shockwave!
Siphon WIth Photonic shockwave for the pesky ones!
Tykens Rift!
Torpedo Spread!

Oh, how lovely, look at all the ways I have found myself beaten fairly in combat! I love balance, when people understand, and USE it!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
12-04-2010, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Richardson View Post
How may I kill pets, let me count the ways:

Eject Warp Plasma
Cannon Scatter Volley
Transphasic cluster torps
Beam Fire At Will....
General Mines in general!
Gravity Well!
Photonic Shockwave!
Siphon WIth Photonic shockwave for the pesky ones!
Tykens Rift!
Torpedo Spread!

Oh, how lovely, look at all the ways I have found myself beaten fairly in combat! I love balance, when people understand, and USE it!
Again please try it with over 3 carriers in the mix, you think we have not sat and tried this all in our little pre-made endeavors? When you over 3 carrier it becomes a night mare, when you have 7 carriers in a C&H map all you see is red.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
12-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Escorts should be focussed on the Carrier and ONLY the Carrier. Let Cruisers deal with the pets while healing the Escort. Beams have lower DPS by default than cannons but it's enough to kill pets. Escort DPS shouldn't be wasted on pets.

I rarely see more than 2 Carriers in a match. 2 is more than enough. Anymore carriers and the Klinks lose too much DPS.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
12-07-2010, 05:57 AM
I find it curious that it seems people despise pets so much. In EVE Online for instance pretty much every ship that is cruiser or larger can spawn drones and they do have Carriers and Motherships in EVE wihich also can send out vast waves of fighters and drones yet you never seen anyone moaning about it.

Another thing which i have noticed is that the very same people who whine about the lag and apparent targetting difficulties caused by carriers also seem to pipe up often "Give the Feds carriers too!" which seems rather odd.
I was talking to someone the other day who was complaining that even with a single carrier on screen his fps drops significantly and he lags and found it unplayable.. Yet upon further chatting he declared that he ONLY flies a carrier himself which lead me to believe that he was indeed an idiot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
12-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
I find it curious that it seems people despise pets so much. In EVE Online for instance pretty much every ship that is cruiser or larger can spawn drones and they do have Carriers and Motherships in EVE wihich also can send out vast waves of fighters and drones yet you never seen anyone moaning about it.
To be fair EVE doesn't have the crapass targeting system in STO. I love Cryptic and all, but they really should learn when one side has the ability to spawn about 100 things, Tab Targeting and even trying to select things with the mouse on the screen just don't work. To'Duj swarm is a better deterrent to shooting at someone then Scramble Sensors or Jam Sensors. =/ And this is coming from a Vo'Quv pilot here.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
12-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKatrina View Post
To be fair EVE doesn't have the crapass targeting system in STO. I love Cryptic and all, but they really should learn when one side has the ability to spawn about 100 things, Tab Targeting and even trying to select things with the mouse on the screen just don't work. To'Duj swarm is a better deterrent to shooting at someone then Scramble Sensors or Jam Sensors. =/ And this is coming from a Vo'Quv pilot here.
I know what you mean, but i have fought KvK against carriers with a swarm around me and i have no trouble targetting enemies by clicking on them. In fact i actually have more trouble clicking on an enemy that has my fighters around them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
12-07-2010, 03:53 PM
It would be really nice to have an equivalent of tab targetting that only caught player ships rather than nonplayer ships.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
12-12-2010, 05:02 AM
I have found two def-r moving ahead can pop a carrier before he gets pets out and then the cruisers can follow in to save them, the second carrier can be killed by focus fire. Cannot say i have been in an arena match with more than two carriers tho. Perhaps i have just been lucky.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:49 AM.