Lt. Commander
# 21
11-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longasc
Buying an advantage is unfair... but it already happens.

I have over 600 Emblems.

I could spend them on a new ship or 20 weapons.
But I could also buy a ship in the shop and buy 20 weapons.
-> I just saved 500 Emblems by paying $$$ and thus bought me an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE.

They should never have started selling ships in the shop. Skins would have been enough.
But they did not stop there, unfortunately.
So why not sell Emblem packs. If better gear gives an unfair advantage it is braindead that this advantage should suddenly become legal/fair if people... "worked for it."

If you focus on PvP, you are terribly inefficient at getting badges. I did not PvP for ages, doing a daily Deferi/B'Tran/Eta Eridani run or all together is so much more efficient for getting badges.

My suggestion: Instead of selling ships, they could reduce the emblem price for them and start selling emblems.
The ships in the shop aren't generally better then other, free, T5 ships, though. A T5 Intrepid Refit isn't better then a T5 Luna. It has an extra ability, and lose a console slot for that ability, but it's not really any better. A battle between the two ships could go either way. It's the same for the Galaxy and Defiant too. It's highly debateable whether the Excelsior is better then the Sovereign. I've seen people swear they never lose in both ships against the other. I have two alts that fly both. I think the only advance to the Excelsior is the extra console slot; which I think is going to eventually get removed. And don't get me started on the T5 Nebula. It can't outfight any of the other T5 science ships.

Those ships offer no advantage over other T5 ships.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Thos who do not want to grind do not deserve emblem items.
And who are you to decide that?
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-27-2010, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
The majority.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-27-2010, 04:57 PM
I think OP is a PvP'er.

I don't think it would be too much to ask for more PvP emblem rewards outside of the dailys. You can get over 10 emblems per day in PvE by trolling through B'tran, the new sector (Orellius?) and Eta Eradani, but you can only get a handful through PvP dailys...

Why not offer emblems for a certain number of PvP kills, a certain amount of DPS or a certain amount of healing in PvP?

Would that work?

Outside of that, I'm against being able to just essentially buy purples from the C-Store...I'd even bet that Cryptic is against it, too. After all, the key to successful MMO's is creating an encompassing time-sink. If there's nothing for you to sink your time into, then there's no real reason to play.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
->
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warem
The majority.
This... Democracy works that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadynGabriel
I think OP is a PvP'er.

I don't think it would be too much to ask for more PvP emblem rewards outside of the dailys. You can get over 10 emblems per day in PvE by trolling through B'tran, the new sector (Orellius?) and Eta Eradani, but you can only get a handful through PvP dailys...

Why not offer emblems for a certain number of PvP kills, a certain amount of DPS or a certain amount of healing in PvP?

Would that work?
That would work... in fact it is probably a much needed feature... Or 3xEmblems for the dailies, and
2x Embelm for for each match within the daily that you win... that essencially priovides missions that you can loose like the PvE versions.
So if you "just" do the dailies, you can win 3 emblems, but if you Do the dailies, and win, you can gain up to 9 emblems pr day.

I was thinking about this thread yestoday, and it is actually alot like cash: If you wan't money, you have to work for it. There is wery little diffrence.
Emblems are a currency, and as such you need to do things on a daily basis to earn them. Sucks... sometimes you don't want to work, but if you want to get payed, you have to drag yourself to work every day.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
->

This... Democracy works that way.

That would work... in fact it is probably a much needed feature... Or 3xEmblems for the dailies, and
2x Embelm for for each match within the daily that you win... that essencially priovides missions that you can loose like the PvE versions.
So if you "just" do the dailies, you can win 3 emblems, but if you Do the dailies, and win, you can gain up to 9 emblems pr day.

I was thinking about this thread yestoday, and it is actually alot like cash: If you wan't money, you have to work for it. There is wery little diffrence.
Emblems are a currency, and as such you need to do things on a daily basis to earn them. Sucks... sometimes you don't want to work, but if you want to get payed, you have to drag yourself to work every day.
Why not just have an NPC that lets us convert our medals into Emblems?
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-28-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr2kk13101 View Post
Why not just have an NPC that lets us convert our medals into Emblems?
Well.. we already have a ship that does the oppersite (Convert Emblems into Medals of Honor, Valor and Exploration), so why not...

People would still have to work for their emblems, and that way you could choose which sector you'd want to explore yourself... 3xExplore (as in 3x75, wich a explore mission gives you) medals could = 1 Emblem.

People would still have to work, and for balance sake, there might be a MK XI price adjustment, but it could work.,.. then we could also get rid of thoose anoying medals xD
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
^^^This^^^
Lt. Commander
# 29 Currencies
11-28-2010, 07:33 PM
There are too many in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Quote:
This.

The funny thing is that game has the least amount of grind out of any MMO I have played. Perhaps some players that complain about should try some Korean made games like Lineage II? OMG months of my life wasted and all I got for it was an arrow in the back fo my head every day . Grind in this game is like spreading butter.