Lt. Commander
# 51
01-25-2011, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runzel
My first thought was: "No, let the players play to get Emblems/Items..." But then I thought: "Why should I actually care, if someone is paying 10,20...100$/ on Emblems or Items?". Iam not much of a fan of this idea, but I cant think of a way how it would affect my playing experience?!
Here's how:

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgh View Post
This would turn STO into a "who spends wins" game.
Players who can't/won't pay for the emblems will be forced to take the time to earn them, meaning that people willing to spend more can get better items faster, creating an artificial imbalance just because they had more money they were willing to spend. PvE, not too big a deal. PvP? HUGE deal. Imagine you've spent a week getting emblems for a few good phaser beams. Someone else buys some emblems, 20 minutes later they're kicking your butt with a fully emblem item decked out ship.

Sure, crafting items might be better. Sure, there's more to playing then the items. But the fact remains that anything that could gives another player an advantage just because they paid more money should not be in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-25-2011, 09:24 AM
it makes no sence to say that buying them from c-store will hurt the game when they are going to fix the stf's so everyone can do them.. if you did the stf's and got your borg stuff its not right that they make it easyer for everyone else to get it now ... so whats the diff from geting your emblems from c-store
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-25-2011, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindPilot
it makes no sence to say that buying them from c-store will hurt the game when they are going to fix the stf's so everyone can do them.. if you did the stf's and got your borg stuff its not right that they make it easyer for everyone else to get it now ... so whats the diff from geting your emblems from c-store
You get emblems from dailies as well, not just STFs, which are plenty easy already. Not only that, but emblems don't get you Borg gear - that's the Marks of Valor - they get you some pretty gosh darn good stuff. And even if the STFs do become easier (which isn't exactly what's happening) people still have to actually play them to get emblems. When people get them from the C Store, they're basically just paying money for the good items, and this game becomes "pay to win" game, and no one wants to see that happening.
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-25-2011, 09:44 AM
my point was if there going to make it easyer for ppl to get what everone else had to work there ass off for why not sell them at c-store we all are getting screwwed over by them anyway
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-25-2011, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindPilot
my point was if there going to make it easyer for ppl to get what everone else had to work there ass off for why not sell them at c-store we all are getting screwwed over by them anyway
They are not making them "easier," they are making them easier for more people to play. Check Gozer's posts here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...67#post3294367 http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...47#post3295347

I still have to point out that there are much easier ways of getting emblems, which this thread is about, than STFs. And even if it's the easiest thing in the world to do a Deferi daily, it's still some amount of work and time in game, that real money shouldn't be sued to bypass.
Lt. Commander
# 56 Felderburg
01-25-2011, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Imagine you've spent a week getting emblems for a few good phaser beams. Someone else buys some emblems, 20 minutes later they're kicking your butt with a fully emblem item decked out ship.
So the other player would have spent 5 minutes and 20 bucks on the items I have played for...Why should it bother me? I would still do my dailys if Iam in the mood and earn my emblems. It is not my business how other people spent their time or their money.

And I dont see an imbalance, as long as there are no items in the store that give you advantages that can only be gained by buying them in the store.
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-25-2011, 11:07 AM
i am not talking about getting emblems from the stf's what i am trying to say is alot of ppl took the time to get borg stuff from stf's .............alot of ppl spend there time getting emblems .........so if they screws around the ppl that did the stf's the way they are .........they should scew over the ppl that spent there time getting emblems...........and as far as i can see we all are getting screwed buy th 20% exp BS that the c-store will have soon so we all did our time getting to the top rank now there making where anyone can get there alot faster so it will be Cash for exp ........so i dont see how cash for stuff is any diff
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-25-2011, 12:34 PM
back to the top
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-25-2011, 07:23 PM
This is a bad idea and the OP should feel bad.

However. This is viable as a means to deal with odd numbers of remaining C-Points, say, after a sale.

You should be able to cash in any C-points numbering less than 10 for an equivalent number of Emblems. 9 emblems is hardly game breaking, you won't wind up odd without having bought during a sale, and it puts you back at a round number for later purchases without any leftovers.

For example. Say you have 84 C-points left. You should be able to pay 4 C-points and get 4 Emblems, leaving you with 80 C-Points left.