Lt. Commander
I wanted to take advantage of the sale but...there's zero that I'm interested in.

What would be nice to add to the store, ESPECIALLY now that the game's been out almost a year. All the preorder folks have certainly gotten their money's worth at this point. This is a shamelessly easy revenue generator. No more than 240 points each please!
  • Del Taco Type 8 Shuttlecraft
  • Red Matter Capacitor (especially since this is equivalent to EPS Power Transfer)
  • Automated Defense Turret
  • TR-116A Rifle
  • Forward Phaser Bank and Rear Phaser Bank Set (would be nice on Excelsior maybe)
  • Neodymium Deflector Dish
  • Multi-Spatial Personal Shield
  • Chromodynamic Armor

Make all these items level up with the player (infinity symbol). Alternately if you don't want them in the C-Store, dump them on the lifetimers. But none of these are gamebreakers.

I would argue that flooding the game with Breen BOs (serving on Federation starships no less ) is miles more gamebreaking than these few devices. Going forward, for the weeklies, your "big gift" should be an infinite level item like this and other items should be little trinkets that are interesting collector's items but not necessarily useful. And one per week please, at this rate we'll all need wayyy more inventory space.

The bottom line is you're giving out a little too much "stuff" and you need to stretch the assets you already have.

Plus!
  • Constitution Bridge
  • T3 (TSOS) Excelsior Bridge
  • Proper Sovereign Bridge
  • "Updated" Excelsior Bridge for T5
  • Ambassador Bridge (when it comes out of course)
  • "Sutherland" Nebula Bridge
  • Maybe an "updated" Nebula Bridge
  • Decorative Stuff for our Ready Room and Lounges
  • Cloaky Klingon subcraft
  • Delta Flyer subcraft
  • Cloaky Romulan subcraft (Sen. Vreenak's shuttle)
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-26-2010, 02:40 PM
May I suggest that your viewpoint is biased.

Some of theese items, especially when leveling with the captain are "game breaking".

Also half the stuff you want isn't in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
[*]Red Matter Capacitor (especially since this is equivalent to EPS Power Transfer)
It's actually an Aux to Battery Engineering BO ability, but with a 4 minute cooldown; and it throws all other batteries into a 2 minute cooldown. I'd rather use Aux to Bat every time then my RMC.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
May I suggest that your viewpoint is biased.

Some of theese items, especially when leveling with the captain are "game breaking".

Also half the stuff you want isn't in the game.
You're going to need to do better than those three lines to make this case...as for the stuff at the bottom those are wishlist items (i.e. new suggestions). Did a ninja edit to rearrange it to make it more clear.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Quote:
You're going to need to do better than those three lines to make this case...as for the stuff at the bottom those are wishlist items (i.e. new suggestions). Did a ninja edit to rearrange it to make it more clear.
Nps

Quote:
  • Del Taco Type 8 Shuttlecraft
  • Red Matter Capacitor (especially since this is equivalent to EPS Power Transfer)
  • Automated Defense Turret
  • TR-116A Rifle
  • Forward Phaser Bank and Rear Phaser Bank Set (would be nice on Excelsior maybe)
  • Neodymium Deflector Dish
  • Multi-Spatial Personal Shield
  • Chromodynamic Armor
Shuttlecraft: A pet... a useless one at that... Knock yourself out.

Red matter capacitor: If this one levels, it would eventually add up to +25 to all systems (if memory serves it pr default (T0) adds +5, so 5 tiers would probably end up somewhere between 15 and 25 extra). I'd call that gamebreaking. Big time.

Automated Defence Turret: Using this one only (no other plasma weapons), I completed the entire Plasma space damage Accolade before I hit Lt. Cmdr. Pr default it does 46 DPS (i think) If this one leveled up with the captain it would prob end up at around 200 or more... Sure you cant target anything specific with it, but still... Would be gamebreaking.
Pr expirience though it is very handy at taking out mines, Plasma Torpedoes and Tricobalt devices. Trust me: It is good as it is.

TR-116A Rifle: It should be obvious why this would be gamebreaking if it leveled with the captain. In PvP this would be devastating to the oppersite team.

Forward Phaser Bank and Rear Phaser Bank Set: I take it you mean the TOS ones.... As there are already equal items like this in the game i have no issue with this.

Neodymium Deflector Dish: no clue what this does, so i have no opinion.

Multi-Spatial Personal Shield: as previous statement.

Chromodynamic Armor: Considering the strenght this armor has, this would again unbalance PvP if it leveld with the captain. I have it as well and it served me all the way to commander, better than anything the game could provide.

I am suggesting you are biased because you want theese things, and I understand your position, but theese items were intended to give you an enjoyable start into the game, not serve you all the way through.
If you want them the way they are now, fine with me... I mean most of the other pre-order stuff is already in the C-Store, but they shouldn level up with you.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Good grief, you don't want much, do you?
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-26-2010, 03:52 PM
It's a long list but this isn't pie-in-the-sky stuff. It's stuff that's already in the game on the top.

The bottom is just additions to existing ships (Sovereign, Nebula, Excelsior)...it's Cryptic coming out with this stuff, not me. These are suggestions to make them more complete.

But I think your point is you don't want to see more stuff in the C-Store...which isn't what this thread is about...
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-26-2010, 03:54 PM
And who specifically are you adressing atm?
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-26-2010, 03:56 PM
At what point did I mention C-Store?

Personally, I'd rather the devs spent their time creating actual content, like missions and factions etc., things of substance, rather than more tat for the C-Store.

Oh.. whaddaya know? I did mention C-Store :p
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-26-2010, 05:12 PM
I'm good with Mission Replay and UGC for now to help fill the content gap. I'd like to see Cryptic take advantage of this slightly lowered demand and do more stuff like weeklies, bug cleanup, and C-store stuff.

There's some severe game design issues as well but that's another thread.

As for the items at infinite level:
  • RMC: You already get EPS Power Transfer as an Engineer which gives you +25 to all systems for 30ish seconds. Not gamebreaking, sorry.
  • Automated Defence Turret: Will take your word for it, ok. But would be nice to jailbreak this for the masses.
  • TR-116A: Don't understand how this is obviously game-breaking? It's just another rifle as far as I can see.
  • Chromodynamic Armor: I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this too but again would be nice to jailbreak this.