Lt. Commander
# 11
11-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Let me try and stress a point here. I'm not talking about a KDF diplomacy system. I'm talking about one-off missions that explore the KDF in a less violent fashion, as well as repeatable genesis style content that gives the KDF some easy missions on par with a lot of the Federation genesis content. These are sorely lacking in the KDF experience right now, and personally I find it annoying.

Why? Well because KDF PVE is so combat oriented, it takes a lot longer, on average, than Federation PVE which has a lot more easy non combat missions in it. I'd like to see that ratio worked on. It would greatly help the grind issue that the KDF feels, if we weren't constantly fighting every time we go into an exploration cluster.

Even the newer stuff that has come with the weeklies suffers this problem. The mission to save Deferi captives from the Breen ship requires the KDF to fight several waves. The Federation doesn't have to fight at all. Everything Old is New again also has the KDF fighting where the Federation can talk their way through. And it all contributes to the grinding feel of the KDF.

So that is why I'd like to see some missions appropriate for the KDF, because all players are KDF, yet they involve no combat, and still fit the feel of the KDF, Klingon Empire, or any of the associated species in the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
Klingons have a rich cultural heritage that includes more than just war. Lets remind ourselves of this by first watching this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBtj4WoC6XA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRGnY...eature=related
^^^
(subtitled - not by me)
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
Let me try and stress a point here. I'm not talking about a KDF diplomacy system. I'm talking about one-off missions that explore the KDF in a less violent fashion, as well as repeatable genesis style content that gives the KDF some easy missions on par with a lot of the Federation genesis content. These are sorely lacking in the KDF experience right now, and personally I find it annoying.

Why? Well because KDF PVE is so combat oriented, it takes a lot longer, on average, than Federation PVE which has a lot more easy non combat missions in it. I'd like to see that ratio worked on. It would greatly help the grind issue that the KDF feels, if we weren't constantly fighting every time we go into an exploration cluster.
I gotcha.. And I agree. You can be assured that my first five Foundry missions will be KDF-oriented, short-but-long-enough missions focused on Klingon culture.

I would clue you in to the ideas flashing through my head already, but I don't want to spoil it for you.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Ridged for her pleasure.
This made me giggle.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-29-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
This made me giggle.
so did my wife Coincedence? I think not.

Klingons also love a good mosh pit.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-29-2010, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Really always saw them as more of 80's hair band types. as seen here
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-30-2010, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
so did my wife Coincedence? I think not.

Valias is your wife?

An interesting way to make Klingon "non-combat" missions feel Klingon might be to do something like the Klingon lawyer did on DS9 or how Worf convinced his descendants on the colony-that-never-was-because-odo-wanted-kira-back to help with the harvest - describe how this is "like" combat or war.
"The courtroom is my battlefield, the facts are my sharpest blade!" Of course, it can be overdone... Use with care.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-30-2010, 06:33 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Valias is your wife?
Not that I'm aware of, but hey!- its the 24th century, so there is no telling how crazy things are bound to get.:p
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-01-2010, 07:34 PM
If you wish to learn more about Klingon Culture. I recommend the following:

Watch Star Trek Klingon on you tube

Read Star Trek Klingon a Burning House

and The Klingon Way.

And Kahless.

Also if your really I fan:

Join Klingon Assault Group and/or Klingon Armada International both great fan clubs with lots of info and it's free.

If you are in St Paul. or Chicago Please go see "A Klingon Christmas Carol" It's a play about honor and courage, It runs from 11-26 to 12-19 it's in the original Klingon with subtitiles. i've been supporting the chicago production as KAG always does. You will learn much

Marok
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-02-2010, 02:57 AM
There are also some aspects of Klingon ethics and medicine that are explored in "Diplomatic Implausibility"
as well as the way Klingons treat those they have conquered, which is very varied.
Some Klingons treat them like Jeghpu'wI' some treat them like other people, offering them a drink after
work.
There are also several interesting pieces of Klingon thinking and how their diplomacy tends to work as well as some information about Klingon history from the time shortly after the Hur'q invasion told in "The Art of the Impossible", which plays in the early 24th century and chronicles the "Betreka Nebula Incident"