Lt. Commander
# 11
12-01-2010, 08:47 AM
Sorry, I guess I was nitpicking your example of kidnapped BO's too much.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Nah, no harm. Just am optimistic, i use programs to make mechinima and am used to trying to overcome limits, UGC never winter nights, COH, heck my game making class in college for animation/modeling degree, uses NWN 2 as a game to reverse engineer to teach. Just have more optimism than many i've heard worrying, i think the fact we can create anything ius a plus. Even if it has some limits.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch99 View Post
Just have more optimism than many i've heard worrying, i think the fact we can create anything is a plus. Even if it has some limits.
I definitely agree there.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Often times a better story can be presented with out showing the action. An excellent example of this is the Battle of Wolf 359. In TNG we don't get to see the battle, we only see the aftermath. The imagery in conjures is impressive. When we do finally see the actual battle at the beginning of DS9, it's a little under impressive. To this day, "The Best of Both Worlds" is considered by many the best episode of Star Trek. Just think back to how scary the Borg used to be when they were barely seen and mostly talked about.

If stimulated correctly, the minds of your viewers can create a far better scene that you can. Does the Foundry have limitations, of course. Can those limitations be used to your advantage, absolutely.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Ooooooh, the fanfiction posibilities of this are endlesss...

ENDLESSSS!!!!!
WAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!

Oh, mision maker, sorry. My mind sort of gravitates into fanfictioning.

But I want placeable cameras and such... Are they in?

NAh. I can wait till it comes back up and explore the fanmovie posibilities later.

Hhhhhmmmmmm...
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greendragoon View Post
If stimulated correctly, the minds of your viewers can create a far better scene that you can. Does the Foundry have limitations, of course. Can those limitations be used to your advantage, absolutely.
Agreed, provided your audience actually reads the text you so lovingly crafted and take the time to explore the vistas you so painstakingly created and think about the interactions their characters just went through directed by your vision.