Lt. Commander
# 1 date for season 3
11-27-2010, 01:21 PM
the date for the release of season 3 was pushed back a week from december 2 release date. plus the foundry will most likely not be included in the release until after xmas. so with the people who pay a monthly subscribtion i suggest you take a month off of sto. then in jan you have all of season 3 and then as you getting use to the foundry the searies will start at the end of january.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-27-2010, 01:24 PM
thats a brilliant idea, unless they want to play sto during december, then the idea starts to fall down.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_quack
the date for the release of season 3 was pushed back a week from december 2 release date. plus the foundry will most likely not be included in the release until after xmas. so with the people who pay a monthly subscribtion i suggest you take a month off of sto. then in jan you have all of season 3 and then as you getting use to the foundry the searies will start at the end of january.
That idea doesnt benefit anyone unless you're holding on a sub to test the foundry and season 3 together.
Better idea is to get grandma to buy a sto game card so you can play....instead of socks and underwear. Or take off a month and come back in january.

the week delay for season 3 is expected. seeing as they want to improve 'polish' on the game and not releasing another 'bugged' season like season 2 was....i dont mind waiting a week to play it. gosh, i even play it on tribble...so i didnt have to wait that long anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-27-2010, 02:33 PM
So far the highlights of Tribble for season 3 have been "Server Not responding" and getting stuck in the Pi Canis border.

Give them the extra time to "polish" it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-27-2010, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Foundry should be on Tribble this upcoming week (if dstahl's timetable was correct from this past one).
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Quote:
the date for the release of season 3 was pushed back a week from December 2 release date. plus the foundry will most likely not be included in the release until after Xmas. so with the people who pay a monthly subscription i suggest you take a month off of STO. then in Jan you have all of season 3 and then as you getting use to the foundry the series will start at the end of January.
wrong

the calender slated season 3 for release between Dec 2-14th.

the foundry has never been announced as being open for use on holodeck, its always been stated as being "Open Beta" on the tribble server until the devs are happy with its performance etc.

its not your role to suggest monthly subscription players have a month off STO. i would question your agenda in suggesting this at all.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-27-2010, 10:11 PM
I suggest everyone buy me a Christmas gift. That will make you all happier, trust me.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-27-2010, 10:17 PM
So if I understand you correctly: You want people to stop paying for STO for a month, because of somthing that was supposed to release between 2'nd and 14'th December, and will be released around the 7'th (that's within the planned period btw), effectively robbing Cryptic of money that is being used to develop Season 3 (paying developers)?

How exactly is that supposed to work? Or benefit anyone for that matter?
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Ok I am tired of people complaining about the foundry being late. The foundry is NOT part of season 3. They are completely different projects with a semi-close release date. The foundry will be released when DStahl is ready for it, and season 3 will be launched on time.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Seeing as i paid for my November sub in order to play STO as it is now, even if season 3 is delayed, i think i'll be paying my Dec sub to well.....play STO as it is now....